The best part about this hotel is the location. As you walk out of the train station in La Spezia, simply look to your left. Don't worry about noise though, the windows are very insulated. We didn't hear trains, traffic or anything our entire stay.
The hotel is gorgeous. There are several common areas that give you a quiet place to relax. The rooms weren't anything to get excited about, but neither were they bad. The bed was OK, and typical of European hotels. The bathroom was very clean and beautiful. The shower was a little ridiculous. I had to open the shower doors in order to wash my back and lower body. That's pretty typical of European hotels though.
The hotel was very clean and the staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Breakfast was good and plentiful, although it was very crowded if you went later in the morning.
In all, Hotel Firenze was a great place to stay and base of operations for visiting Cinque Terre.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 3 star Hotel Firenze and Continentale in La Spezia dates back to the beginning of the last century and is today one of the premier luxury accommodations in this historical city that sits just at the foot of the Cinque Terre National Park.The elegant building's aristocratic feel is accentuated with quality decor, furnishings and other thoughtful complements including Carrara marble floors, Trompe l'Oeil murals, Mogano boiseries and hand beaten iron and brass lamps.A top quality 3 star hotel located in the historical city centre of La Spezia, the Hotel Firenze and Continentale is just a few short steps from the newly pedestrianized heart of the town and close to La Spezia Centrale train station, making for quick and easy connections to the Cinque Terre in a couple of minutes.Having undergone regular renovation since the first part of the 20th century, the Firenze and Continentale La Spezia is now regarded as one of the finest accommodations in the city while still maintaining the building's original architectural identity - typified by that liberty style grandeur of the pre-WWI era. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Firenze e Continentale La Spezia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Firenze e Continentale Hotel
- Firenze e Continentale La Spezia