“Good facility for the price”

CDH Hotel La Spezia
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in La Spezia
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Not the easiest hotel to find in La Spezia, but well located and friendly staff. Parking is a challenge. There are some spots in front of the hotel which go fast and then a garage 100 meters or so away. Room was reasonable, the bed not the most comfortable I've slept on. I prefer softer and this one was quite firm. Breakfast was included and was generous. Eggs, meats, cheeses, cereals, drinks - was not the typical European continental breakfast. Internet was free although required a user name and password from the front desk. It worked fine. The hotel is well located and the rear exit goes right into the shopping district. It's a good hotel for the price and I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Reception is on the fifth floor (groud floor as the hotel is built on a hill). I preferred a room hi...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Al M
There are newer reviews for CDH Hotel La Spezia

Reviewed 9 May 2013

Good location off pedestrian walk, access to port and cinque terre walk 6blocks, from hotel, caution bathrooms are tiny, if you are over 6 foot 2 inches or over 225 pounds you cannot turn around or bend over in shower, also must close door to use sink, room is great with extra sitting room and pull out couch great for price incl good breakfast just ask about bathroom

Room Tip: No pool ask for bathroom size and shower size
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MREDJR
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We stayed at this hotel and used it as a base for multiple visits to Cinque Terre. Vito and Arlene on the front desk were so pleasant and helpful, giving us excellent advice on travel and local restaurants. The room was clean and the daily breakfast was quite nice. The hotel was just around the corner from the town's pedestrian mall with lots of shops and eateries and within easy walking distance to the harbor. A perfect location for casually spending some downtime. All in all, the entire visit to La Spezia was enjoyable, much more so than the guidebooks suggested.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Shirley K
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Both the hotel and the city itself where a great surprise!

We stayed at the My One Hotel La Spezia during a couple of nights while traveling around Cinque Terre and Portovenere (great great trip).

La Spezia is an interesting city, although it is a harbor it has some lovely avenues and promenades, when we were there, the orange trees that lined the main streets were heavy with beautiful oranges.

The hotel was convenient for us because there were parking options in front of the building and on a covered park nearby (not many spaces, though).

The rooms were new and the bathroom was spacious, although, as in most Italian hotels, the shower area was minimum.

Front desk was extremely helpful with guidance and advice. Also, we have to mention the patience of the young lady when we were leaving the hotel and we lost the rental car keys. She was very supportive and sympathetic.

When you take the hotel elevator to the lowest floor, you access a back street and the main commercial area, where the passegiata is a great movement. Around it, you will find quite a few options for dining. By the way, we had two great meals in La Spezia, just sorry I cannot remember the names of the restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Danimed
Reviewed 19 April 2013

We had a fine experience at the hotel. It was clean, the breakfast was pretty good, and the staff was very nice and helpful. I (mid-30's) was traveling with my parents (mid-50s), and it was too far for any/all of us to take our luggage to the hotel -- had to take a cab (a little expensive -- because they have to drive a long way down a one-way street). Unless you're a 20-year-old back packer, it's too far to take much luggage to this hotel, especially if you take a wrong turn (which is easy to do). The disappointing thing about staying here was that I hated to leave the villages in the Cinque Terre to go back to La Spezia. Next time I go back (which I definitely will), I'll stay in a village. There are lots of options in the villages, and getting there is so easy. Cinque Terre is AMAZING - so, so beautiful and peaceful. La Spezia... not so much. But if you want to stay in La Spezia (again, don't recommend) and want a decent hotel, this place works. If I had to stay in La Spezia, I would stay here again. The pictures are a good representative of what to expect.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2013 via mobile

Myself and 3 female friends stayed here on March 22, we had some bad issues with an accommodation we were supposed to stay in and this hotel was close by. We only went in to ask a few questions, but the receptionist Liselotte was incredibly helpful and went the extra mile to help us out. Without her our trip could have ended very badly. The night watchman, Paolo I believe, went into town with me to try and sort out our other accommodation issues (I didn't speak a word of Italian) which was above and beyond his job description. Besides the service and willingness to help being superb, the room was very nice and comfortable. I found it very spacious, and plenty of hot water and pressure in the bathroom as well. Compared to other breakfasts I've had in Italy, this one was far superior. All the usual continental things, plus eggs, honey, jam and a staff member who was happy to make me a cappuccino in the morning. Overall a very pleasant stay thanks to Liselotte and Paolo( we even left flowers to express how grateful we were), I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Brian K
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Unlike the previous reviews, we found the reception and cleaning staff friendly. The hotel was modern and clean and central. We thought it was expensive for what it was and certainly lacked any kind of atmosphere. Rooms were dark. Internet was very slow and unreliable. Often no working at all. We expected a lot better of a hotel of this standard and price.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends