“Casa Dane disappointing” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #103 of 121 La Spezia B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Casa Dane disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2009

We booked through another website and were impressed how funky and quirky each room looked but we arrived o find no way in to our accommodation. A local told us we had to call them, so we found a little business card on the wall and called. Someone arrived within 5 mins to let us in to the old apartment building (covered in scaffolding and shade cloth) that housed not only the roms of Casa Dane but also another 'boutique' with the word 'tre' in it. This is where we were deposited. The room was so ridiculuosly tiny you could hardly move. We couldn't even store our two bags in our room, but one had to be locked in a broom cupboard that serviced the whole apartment block and we did not have the key for it! The bathroom was literally the size of a broom cupboard ( I know this is Eurpoe and had taken that into account), but it was just silly. I'm not that big, and I was bumping my knees and elbows on everything. And the shower was moldy, the clip that held the shower on to the pole was broken and a foul stench was eminating from the sewage. Not nice! We couldn't open the windows properly because of the scaffolding on the outside of the building, so needless to say, there was no view to be had. The piazza opposite seemed a bit seedy, but caused no problems. The girl who attended to us on check in was very pleasant, though, but not on site for any questions. Thankfully we bumped into her in town so could organise to collect our bag from the broom cupboard! Probably the most disappointing thing of all was that the bed (a TINY double) was collapsed on one side, so my lovely husband slept in a ditch for two nights.

1 Thank GinaandDarin

Poja da Palermo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2008

This was an incredible place to stay. It was SO clean and newly decorated
Really great place to stay ! Nice, quiet, was like the pictures and REALLY clean. La Spezia is a great little town and good location for Cinque Terre. Recommendable

Stayed September 2008
2 Thank PojaPalermo
chicago, il
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2008

I found this room through bbplanet.it. I was really nervous about having to meet someone to get the keys as there is no front desk. But this worked out pretty well and someone was there within 5 minutes.

The room was clean and the a/c worked. It was a small room with not many amenities but I wasn't expecting many. I was surprised by how clean it was. I felt very safe in the area. I'm a deep sleeper but my companion did notice some street noise at night.

I never figured out where to get our breakfast as it wasn't explained well in English.

Would I stay here again? probably not as there are many nice accomodation in Cinque Terre which was my destination. But I got what I paid for and I would recommend it to other seeking to stay in La Spezia for a reasonable price.

• Liked — Cleanliness and a/c
  • Disliked — Couldn't find breakfast
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank nysy