“Gorgeous perfection”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of 88 Miglia

vista sul Golfo dei Poeti
breakfast on the terraces
Camera vista mare: Scirocco
Room with sea view : Scirocco
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Jessica D
Los Angeles, California
“Gorgeous perfection”
Reviewed 1 February 2016 for a stay in May 2015

I do not have enough positive words in my vocabulary to describe this gem. It's been a few months since I've stayed here and I'm pretty sure I keep dreaming about it.

I came upon this place while shopping for affordable lodging in the Cinque Terre area and was not having much luck. For a reasonable price, we were able to complete our dream trip to the Italian coast.

Our only trouble with the area is that it's a bit off the beaten path, but I don't see that as a negative. When we arrived at the main terminal from Rome, we were a little disoriented as to where to find a taxi. After trying to explain to the driver where we wanted to go (we ended up writing down the address and showing it to him because he could not understand us) he replied "ah the B&B" and took us to our destination.

I would not recommend walking to 88 Miglia with luggage, its quite the steep hike. Once we arrived we were pleasantly surprised by not only the beauty of the place but how quiet it was. Carlotta was extremely pleasant to deal with as she gave us the lay of the land. She explained to how to get the "the restaurant" where we had an amazing 7-course meal on the top of the mountain overlooking all of La Spezia - one of the highlights of my trip.

She also explained to us how to take a shortcut to town to catch the train to the 5 towns. It seemed confusing at first but we felt that we were experts by the end of the trip.

The room itself and the property were immaculate. There is a beautiful orange tree on the property and lounge chairs to take in the sunset. One night, as we were enjoying a bottle of wine on the terrace, we could hear chanting from a local soccer game - what's more Italian than that?

Tip: Learn how to pronounce "88 Miglia" BEFORE getting in a taxi from the train station.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The views from the property
Liked least: The hike up to the place from the train station
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing