“Lovely restaurant and nice meal”
Review of La Suprema

La Suprema
Ranked #58 of 459 Restaurants in La Spezia
Price range: US$15 - US$62
Cuisines: Bar, Gastropub, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Had a nice meal here. All meals were fresh and cooked well. No selection of wines by the glass, and the default wine wasn't too great. Main of lamb rack was lovely. Cheese plate listed under 'Meat Dishes' which is a little confusing and it's more a platter for at least 2-3ppl. This was very reasonably priced at €12, however other meat dishes stretched the budget and was more what you'd pay at a place rated $$$ on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

We stumbled upon this restaurant looking for a nice sit-down meal to enjoy the traditional Italian style. We came in hungry and ready to enjoy. We were not disappointed. I tried the calamari and lamb. My boyfriend had the best filet he's ever had.

Weight staff was very friendly (the owner actually served us), the atmosphere is cosy.

If you're looking for a nice dinner you should definitely stop in.

1  Thank Emanuela M
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We came across this small restaurant by chance, but if I was ever in the area again I would head straight for it.

This is one of the best meals I have had in a very long time. I have travelled frequently over the past year, Australia, US, Singapore and Europe and without a doubt the ambience, service and quality of the food put this restaurant number one on my list.

From the moment we walked in the door, the service was impeccable and the atmosphere great. A small menu, but definitely perfectly formed. There were some great combinations of flavours that I wouldn't normally think of putting together, but they worked so well. We had fish/seafood for both courses and everything was presented perfectly and tasted divine. A fabulous evening.

All in all, this is a must go restuarant.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

This is a small intimate restaurant in the heart of town. We arrived early and had the restaurant to ourselves for an hour as locally eat late. My parter and I had a entree, main and dessert each. The standout was the lobster slipper with basil cream and apricots!!!! The staff were lovely, the chef greets you, service was good and for the quality of the food it was reasonably priced. We compared this meal to the rest of the meals we ate throughout Europe and it was the best!

1  Thank Kimberley S
Reviewed 21 August 2013

My starter made of seabream (orata), mozarella, grilled eggplant and dried tomatoes was outstanding but "Zupetta di pesce" (fish soup) pushed down all boulabez I've eaten in France to the level of chinese instant soup! Ambrosia full of "frutti di mare" without unnecesary "decoration" made of whole creatures "corps" very often found in Italy. Pure pleasure.
Very good fish "alla Acqua Pazza" and good pasta - "stolen" just to try from my family plates :-)