“Good food, good service”

Pizzeria El Portico
Ranked #17 of 33 Restaurants in Portofino
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
“Good food, good service”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

It was a good solid restaurant but nothing too spectacular and there seems to be a big crowd around it. Decent vegetarian options

Visited August 2014

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bern
“Amazing.”
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I am not a tourist here, ad my grand-father has owned an appartment the center of portofino. He and I have been very good friends with Luis, the owner of "El Portico". I can personally assure you that the food there is one of the best you could find in Portofino. I personnally recommend the spaghetti ale vongole (spaghetti with clams) and tiramisu as a dessert. Both of these dishes are the best I've aver eaten.

4 Thank drawingleone
Sherwood Park, Canada
“Average at best”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Service was ok but the food was average at best. The prices were reasonable but I would eat elsewhere next time.

Visited June 2014
York, United Kingdom
“Distinctly unimpressed”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I will write this review in English, as I would not want English tourists to suffer the experience!
I have travelled widely in Italy, and currently live in Genova, so close by Portofino!
Portofino clearly has significantly marked-up prices, given its nature, but as long as the quality of service/food follows along, all is well.
Here, however, the prices are appalling considering what is offered. The pizze do not seem the usual rustic type I am used to, but rather hard and crunchy, which is bizzarre. I was given a dirty fork, and another member of our party was given a dirty glass. When we informed the waiter, he threw away the wine without even replacing it.
I couldn't complain about the house wine, or the pesto which was on my pizza, both of which were pretty nice, but this is really the only redeeming feature.
This place falls very short of standards, particularly considering the exclusivity of Portofino, and it really is not acceptable, given that they were not busy. They could not even bring themselves to discount or compensate in any way for the mistakes. I would not recommend this establishment.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Claudia W
much travelled Canadian
“Good value for money”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

It was cozy with authentic food and a friendly staff. It's a bit away from the water so more affordable and less pretentious.

Visited October 2013