“Average ”

Ranked #22 of 33 Restaurants in Portofino
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Before visiting this restaurant we read a the negative reviews, but decided to go as an Italian friend had recommended it. The location is great and probably the best view of the restaurants in the area. Food was good and service ok. Our waiter was actually very good but did mention at the end of the meal that the bill (which included a 15% service charge) did not include service. I thought as per other reviews was not right and it sort of spoilt what was a nice evening. I wouldn't say avoid this place but there are better restaurants in Portofino.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I had a problem trying to get Trip Advisor to "read" the exact name of the restaurant my wife and I ate at so I am writing my review under the closest name I could find. The EXACT NAME of the restaurant we ate at was "Ristorante Da I Gemelli" and it is located in the cove area in Portofino on the Liguran Coast in the Italian Riviera. My wife went to Portofino years ago with a girlfriend and had fond memories so I wanted to bring her back here. Much changed since my wife was here but the sense of that area had not changed. We had what both of us agreed was one of our more romantic dinners in our life together. We split a Caprese Salad with wonderful mozzarella cheese and fresh tomatoes. We both had a grilled sole as our "Secondi Piatti" and shared a very nice bottle of a Rose called "ME A ROSA." A very memorable dinner which we topped of with a delectable dessert.

2  Thank Bob K
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Should have read the reviews before we sat down. I understand surcharges if you only order a drink however we ordered a complete meal for four. $40 added to bill as a cover charge and again the waiter whispered "doesn't include tip" as we questioned it. ; Too top it all off the pasta was some of the worst I have ever had. Maitre'd was arrogant and sarcastic
Stay away

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Recently had lunch at this establishment. The service was good and view of the harbor was very nice. The tables were set with white table cloths. We were served bread and olive oil to start. We both only ordered a pasta dish and nothing else. I was stunned to learn there was a 12 Euro cover charge to eat here. Really? The pasta was the Portofino specialty and it really was just so-so. I make better pesto than what was on my pasta. It's sad this establishment is allowed to continue to take advantage of tourists. Extremely overpriced and not worth the view. Buy beware!

2  Thank rmerje
Reviewed 2 June 2014

What a spot! And we were able to have dinner without a reservation which is unusual in Portofino. Very expensive, but that's Poprtofino!