Portofino is quite an experience: it's a small charming place with privileged sea views. Splendido Hotel is on top of a hill, overlooking the place. When we first got up there and checked the view we've seen in pictures ourselves, we both felt we were in the right place.
The hotel is all about excellence: form and function definitely together and a staff that made our experience outstanding. The pool restaurant buffet is a great choice for a healthy and delicious meal if you just want an informal near to the sun option. The main restaurant is more formal and just the right choice for a romantic evening. But the Splendido Mare restaurant, down at the city, was an even greater experience, mainly because of their staff attention and the great pianist delighting us with beautiful songs. For the ones who like us love wine, you'll find great options for a fair price. Another thing to add: they have a small, but well maintained fitness room - and here something that shows their attention to details. The restrooms besides the fitness room were impeccably clean and had the same amenities available in the rooms. When checking out, as they knew where we're heading to, they told us how the weather was in our destination and the directions to get there. And for a great finale, when we got to our car, not only our luggage were already (and properly) accommodated, but they were cleaning our car windshield. We'll definitely come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched on a hillside over Portofino, Belmond Hotel Splendido is surrounded by fragrant pine trees and peaceful olive groves. Belmond Splendido Mare is a little bit closer to the action, being right on the world-famous Piazzetta. A continuous complementary shuttle service is offered between Belmond Hotel Splendido and Belmond Splendido Mare. Belmond Hotel Splendido - Set in four acres of romantic tropical gardens with superb palm trees, Belmond Hotel Splendido overlooks the bay of Portofino. It boasts 67 guest rooms including 1 single room, 23 double rooms, 31 junior suites and 12 suites. Most rooms have balcony or terrace offering views of the Bay of Portofino. Guests can relax by the heated salt-water pool or at the wellness centre, enjoy a game of tennis at the tennis court or explore the gulf with a private boat, while children have fun at the dedicated Kids’ Club. La Terrazza Restaurant serves delicious Ligurian specialties with a view over the Gulf of Portofino, while the Pool Restaurant is perfect for an informal buffet-style lunch, snacks or a pizza. The Cocktail & Piano Bar offers aperitifs, after-dinner cocktails and live piano music every evening. Belmond Splendido Mare - Belmond Splendido Mare has 16 rooms including 10 double rooms, 4 junior suites and 2 suites, all elegantly decorated and furnished. Most have balconies with superb views of the harbour and the village. Dining at the Chuflay Restaurant, bordering the Piazzetta, is a true Dolce Vita experience. Belmond Splendido Mare shares all the facilities with Belmond Hotel Splendido. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelsClick so you can book your Belmond Hotel Splendido reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Splendido Hotel Portofino
- Splendido Resort Portofino
- Hotel Splendido Portofino