I am very late in posting my review so apologies but have just been looking through the photographs of our wonderful stay here and remembered I still needed to do this.
We stayed for ten days in June of last year to celebrate our wedding and honeymoon, following a visit for our first holiday together a few years earlier when we fell in love with Portofino and the Hotel Splendido. Our room was upgraded to a beautiful suite with a terrace and sea view and I can honestly say that everything was perfect for us from the moment we checked in to the moment we (very sadly) departed - so much so I was actually in tears as we drove away down the winding path to the village! This hotel has a slightly faded but still beautiful old world charm and glamour - if you want ultra luxe and modern this hotel is not for you but the rooms are very pretty and well equipped with everything you could need and the huge bed was amongst the most comfortable I have slept in. AND you get to wake up with the sunshine streaming through the shutters to the gorgeous sound of the songbirds resident in the surrounding cypress tress. The location is second to none and the staff are friendly and attentive and really cannot do enough for you. Our parents were guests for a shorter time at the sister hotel in the harbour, the Splendido Mare, and were equally well looked after.
The hotel is very expensive in every regard but we knew this before we visited and so should you - I think you need to make a decision to accept that if you stay here and then sit back and enjoy it!
Dinner at La Terrazza outside on the terrace if weather permits is a must and the sublime Ligurian speciality of linguini with pesto, potatoes and green beans is unforgettable - I simply cannot recreate it despite my best efforts!
I cannot think of anywhere we would rather have celebrated our wedding and honeymoon and special thanks go to Carlo Lazzeri and his team for helping to make our day so perfect - we very much hope to be able to return soon to this magical location and to stay at this wonderful hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched on a hillside over Portofino, Belmond Hotel Splendido is surrounded by fragrant pine trees and peaceful olive groves. Belmond Splendido Mare is a little bit closer to the action, being right on the world-famous Piazzetta. A continuous complementary shuttle service is offered between Belmond Hotel Splendido and Belmond Splendido Mare. Belmond Hotel Splendido - Set in four acres of romantic tropical gardens with superb palm trees, Belmond Hotel Splendido overlooks the bay of Portofino. It boasts 67 guest rooms including 1 single room, 23 double rooms, 31 junior suites and 12 suites. Most rooms have balcony or terrace offering views of the Bay of Portofino. Guests can relax by the heated salt-water pool or at the wellness centre, enjoy a game of tennis at the tennis court or explore the gulf with a private boat, while children have fun at the dedicated Kids’ Club. La Terrazza Restaurant serves delicious Ligurian specialties with a view over the Gulf of Portofino, while the Pool Restaurant is perfect for an informal buffet-style lunch, snacks or a pizza. The Cocktail & Piano Bar offers aperitifs, after-dinner cocktails and live piano music every evening. Belmond Splendido Mare - Belmond Splendido Mare has 16 rooms including 10 double rooms, 4 junior suites and 2 suites, all elegantly decorated and furnished. Most have balconies with superb views of the harbour and the village. Dining at the Chuflay Restaurant, bordering the Piazzetta, is a true Dolce Vita experience. Belmond Splendido Mare shares all the facilities with Belmond Hotel Splendido. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Belmond Hotel Splendido reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Splendido Hotel Portofino
- Splendido Resort Portofino
- Hotel Splendido Portofino