Just returned from a 3 night stay at the Splendido Mare and cannot say enough good things about this wonderful hotel. The welcome we received was warm and inviting - we were given recommendations of where to visit during our stay and the suggestions were very informative. We were greeted on arrival by Danielle the Hotel Manager and he is a delightful young man, very attentive and nothing was too much trouble for him. He was there constantly it seemed throughout our stay always ensuring that we were happy and comfortable and making sure that we had everything we could possibly desire. We had lunch at the main Splendido up on the hill by the pool and this was delicious with excellent service. The service we received in the Chuflay Restaurant (see separate review) at the Mare building was excellent and attentive too, special thanks to Santos and Angelo for taking such good care of us. We have stayed at both the Mare building and the main building several times and would not dream of staying anywhere else in the beautiful little town. We cannot wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched on a hillside over Portofino, Belmond Hotel Splendido is surrounded by fragrant pine trees and peaceful olive groves. Belmond Splendido Mare is a little bit closer to the action, being right on the world-famous Piazzetta. A continuous complementary shuttle service is offered between Belmond Hotel Splendido and Belmond Splendido Mare. Belmond Hotel Splendido - Set in four acres of romantic tropical gardens with superb palm trees, Belmond Hotel Splendido overlooks the bay of Portofino. It boasts 67 guest rooms including 1 single room, 23 double rooms, 31 junior suites and 12 suites. Most rooms have balcony or terrace offering views of the Bay of Portofino. Guests can relax by the heated salt-water pool or at the wellness centre, enjoy a game of tennis at the tennis court or explore the gulf with a private boat, while children have fun at the dedicated Kids’ Club. La Terrazza Restaurant serves delicious Ligurian specialties with a view over the Gulf of Portofino, while the Pool Restaurant is perfect for an informal buffet-style lunch, snacks or a pizza. The Cocktail & Piano Bar offers aperitifs, after-dinner cocktails and live piano music every evening. Belmond Splendido Mare - Belmond Splendido Mare has 16 rooms including 10 double rooms, 4 junior suites and 2 suites, all elegantly decorated and furnished. Most have balconies with superb views of the harbour and the village. Dining at the Chuflay Restaurant, bordering the Piazzetta, is a true Dolce Vita experience. Belmond Splendido Mare shares all the facilities with Belmond Hotel Splendido. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Belmond Hotel Splendido reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Splendido Hotel Portofino
- Splendido Resort Portofino
- Hotel Splendido Portofino