“check your change”

Sottocoperta
Ranked #31 of 33 Restaurants in Portofino
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We stopped here for a drink on a day trip from Cinque Terre. The restaurant's location is nearest the marina. I can't comment on the food, but I'd suggest going somewhere else. The customer at a neighboring table warned us to check our change, and the waiter also attempted to shortchange us - it was clearly not a mistake. Prior to this, our service was only adequate, and I noticed very poor service at other tables.

Portofino lacks the character and charm of Cinque Terre. I think I'd rather have spent the day elsewhere.

1  Thank Rdubu

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Unfortunately I couldn't get wi-fi to check Trip Advisor. The waiter barely looked at us and did not speak to us during our lunch today. It was not busy and we had to wait some time for our bill. We paid more for two toasted ham and cheese sandwiches here than we did for our entire seafood meal at the beautiful Riomaggiore yesterday. Prices in general were higher in Portofino than Cinque Terre and I know which I'd prefer.

1  Thank Lucy L
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

First, i made a mistake to not check tripadvisor for places in Portofino.

After a trip to this place, we wanted to use the WC and get some drinks. We ordered two cups of tea and when we asked for the bill we couldn't believe the price! €10 for two cups! It wasn't something special, just some ordinary "supermarket" green tea.

I should have take a look at the menu first, because later on when we checked the price at other places, "normal" prices of €3 are used.

Please be aware of this restaurant.

3  Thank Ion-Lee K
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Do not go to this restaurant unless you want to get ripped off. We made the mistake to sit at the table outside and just wanted a snack and a beer. 149 euros and the waiter told us the tip was not included. There also was a cover charge of 7 euros per person for a mediocre, wandering guitarist looking for extra money. There was also a tax on the bill what we thought was the tip.Bad experience which will not ever bring us to Portofino for a visit.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Despite the magnificent view this harbour front restaurant only exists to separate you from your euros. Service is poor, food mediocre and prices are inflated. There are several better options within 100ft.

1  Thank Mika S