“good value for the money right in Portofino ”
Review of Hotel Eden

Hotel Eden
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Portofino
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

If you plan to stay overnight in Portofino we can definitely recommend this place as the
value is good for the money. we
spent 160€ for a tiny attic room which was clean and quiet. Breakfirst is simple but ok. beware of sometimes grumpy owner. I think he's been in the business for
too long...

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank DavidElie

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We stayes here for 4 nights and are very pleases. The room in good size and clean, the location is superb, just 50m from the harbour. Calm athmosphere with small nice Eden like garden. Good standard, not fancy but clean and properly taken care off. Can absolutely recommend to couples, and even for families.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank maemstock
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Genuinely a good place to stay and very welcoming. In the grand scheme of things, an affordable place to stay (on the Portofino scale). Parking is a short walk in the public car park.... I suspect similar for other hotels. Also a short walk (40 meters) to the main waterside strip in Portofino. Recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Tain007
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I just spent a night with my family, the hotel is very well located, even though it is small the room was spacious and well maintained. It is served by whom I believe its the owner, who was helpful and quickly responded to our needs. Now that I have been there I will definetely recommend to book a room in Sta Margarita there are plenty more things to do there, and of course spend some time in Portofino.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ana A
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I visited this hotel last September and was amazed with its very warm atmesphere and perfect location for perfect price! The room and the restaurant were clean, the host od the hotel is very friendly, open and attentive. The room we booked was in very romantic retro style that made my impression, wifi is very speed, so it was not like in many other hotels of Italy. Before visiting it I read in some reviews that there was dampness smell, maybe it was before its reconstruction because I did not smell anything but fresh seaside air:) You will need less than a minute to be in Marina di Portofino bay for the price that was pleasant for this area and moreober for its location. The perfect place to spend weekend in Portofino!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I had a great stay at Hotel Eden and would definitely stay again.

The location is perfect and it's very easy to find. For the price, you really couldn't expect more. The room was clean and air conditioned, breakfast was also included.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Daniel_zzx
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I was booking on very short notice. In Portofino, there were few options. I did not really want to stay in Santa Marguerite (good call), so Eden was pretty much the only play in town. Unless you want to splurge on Splendido for EUR1K/night. When Feruccio, the owner showed me my room, it was disappointing to see that the bathroom was in the corridor. I think last time I went so rustic that was right after college. Feruccio assured me that the bathroom was 'Privato' and just for my use. OK. So why do I give the place 5 stars ? Because in Portofino, who cares. You want a clean and air-conditioned place to stay. In my case, it was nice to come back every day to my nice little room without a bathroom that was just the right temperature. I think they had some kind of air purifier attached, because the room had an electric feel to it. My window opened up to a beautiful Saint Martin Church, Portofino, and Castle on top of a mountain. Feruccio gave me just the right directions. Breakfast had some nice pasty and creamy yogurts. And Portofino was magical.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank empire_17
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portofino
Hotel Piccolo Portofino
Eight Hotel Paraggi
Eight Hotel Paraggi
#1 of 1 in Paraggi
Excelsior Palace Hotel

Been to Hotel Eden? Share your experiences!