We were in Room 10 of the Nazionale. It is a large suite with a sitting area, mini-fridge, table for 4 and queen sized bed. The bathroom was pretty spacious with all the needs you could need in it's all tiled design. This Queen of Hotels is an old fashioned friend. All your needs are met well albeit in an old fashioned way, A curtain separates the sleeping area from the living area. The bed is old but the mattress is not. The front desk is helpful and friendly. The room was clean and comfortable. Here's the catch- you have your own space on The piazza of the Portofino harbor. Sip your cocktails and watch the parade as the sun sets over the harbor and the castle becomes a handy prop for the rising moon.Use room service for your wake up treat. They set the table from the outside. In the morning have your breakfast here, watching the town prepare for the hundreds of tourists. You get the best of Portofino here- before and after the hubbub of the visiting day tourists.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Portofino: the little piazza with its quaint features, the sheer cliffs above an emerald sea, but devoid of sandy beaches. In the heart of these surroundings stands the ALBERGO NAZIONALE. Here you will enjoy occupying one of the 12 double rooms ncorporating bath, mini-bar, telephone, TV, central heating and/or air conditioning; in short, everything to ensure a pleasant and comfortable stay. You may also be fortunate enough to occupy a room offering a splendid view of the harbour.Breakfast is provided; the hotel is served by the Restaurant "da Nicola", in which is possible to order a la carte the best specialties of the Ligurian cooking based on fish and superior quality ingredients. Lunch and dinner can also be taken in any one of the many well-known restaurants encircling the piazza.Family management by the proprietors dates back to the early 1900's and their experience ensures an atmosphere of friendly and unpretentious hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Albergo Nazionale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Nazionale Portofino
- Albergo Nazionale Hotel Portofino