“Wallet beware”
Review of La Gritta

La Gritta
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
La Gritta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 33 Restaurants in Portofino
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Wallet beware”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

The location is as good as it gets in Portofino, smack in the middle by the water. However, be warned €4 per person as a cover charge (sliced stale bread), linen napkin and a cushion on your chair. The menu is creative and the offering perfect, €8 for a bottle of water and €8 per glass of house wine, so as you can see the picture is building. Now in fairness, the staff were friendly, the food was amazing and considering we just shared two antipasti plates we left €70 lighter and then add the €5.50 per hour parking in the local parking house.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank William A

• Turkish first
Jersey, United Kingdom
“Irresistible and great fun”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I first went to La Gritta about sixteen years ago when I was 27 with my best friend and I couldn't believe it when I went back with my (then fiancé) three years ago and it was still there - I should not have been surprised as this place has been there since the 50's when Portofino was the preferred choice of the glamorous Hollywood filmstars of the day - the walls are decked with photographs of these times and it really is a piece of history.
I am reviewing this only as a bar as we really only ever had lunchtime drinks here or a pre dinner aperitif - we have had a snack on a couple of occasions but it was immemorable and I am not sure I really feel its main purpose is as a restaurant. As a place to sit and relax for a couple of hours with a glass of prosecco it's perfect and such great fun - the floating part if the bar is lovely and I absolutely defy anyone to walk past and not want to jump across! We have some great memories here and it really is a 'must go' in Portofino for me - I hope it's there for many years to come.

• Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Never again, 4 drinks = 100€”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Nice place, lovely location not at all justifiable prices. 4 drinks = 100€. Could not believe our eyes when the waiter came with the bill. He recommended us taking these drinks. First of all, do not go to this place. If you do, do not take any recommendations.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Adams105
Somerset, United Kingdom
“Very Nice.”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We went here on Wed 11th sept lunchtime, we had the 3 course taster menu for 35 euros each it was the best we had during our stay the ambience was lovely, there was a super yacht in called the Maraya, and the people using it all came and ate there, we liked it so much we booked to come again the next day but in the evening, Well I have to say it was like we went to the wrong restaurant totally different from the day before, we were staying in Rapallo so travelled a way to go there, the lady that had been there the day before was not in and she was really good at her job bent over backwards, there was no atmosphere on the Thursday night, we had our meal which was a let down and got the bus back all in under two hours, so it's a case of it depends who is there, Sorry but that's how it was.I will mark this on my first visit to be fair.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Sue N
“Worst restaurant in the world !!!”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Having travelled the world we can honestly say it is the worst culinary experience we have ever endured. Food awful, abusive service, they rely on people only going there once. Hygiene is also very questionable when you see the staff smoking in the kitchen and coming out wiping tables and then going back to the kitchen to cook food. Even the local shopowners criticise as a tourist rip off!!

• Visited August 2013