“fantastic food....but on course it is a touristic trap...it is portofino”
Review of Strainer

Strainer
Reserve with
Strainer is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 33 Restaurants in Portofino
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 August 2014

we are staying in miramare at rapello,so the front desk of the hotel told us that this was a brilliant restaurant!!!!of course it was!!!!!!it is in a unique spot in portofino...quite...elegant....so beautiful!!!!!of course they see you like a tourist but this is the truth...you are a tourist!!!!!for 2 antipasto(little pasta)1 caprese salad,1beefsteak grilled(34e),1chicken fillet in lemon sauce(16e).shrimps in a white wine sauce(34e),the astir wine(by far the cheapest in the menu 36e,but we always take it because we like it a lot)2 desserts and one aqua...207e the total!!!!!!!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

The best food i had in italy. Try the pasta with black truffles and mushroom. Everything on the menu was good.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

we were staying at excelsior palace hotel in Rapallo, and asked the front desk for where to go for dinner in portofino, and he advised us to go to Strainer restaurant. great spot, the waitress was a little inpatient to take the order, and not wine knowledge at all.

we are both didn't know what to order, and since she kept on coming back, we just order the special she mentioned, a bottle of wine, an apetizer, and two dishes fir main. when the bill came!!!! let me tell you...
the wine, appetizer and water was priced according to the menu, but since the pasta and the fish did not, they changed us €50 for pasta, and €90 for fish!!! not even in the hotel we were staying being high end and all. I felt completely R....off, and fooled.
if you want to feel like a fool tourist, and just eat regular ok food, and get ripped off, then I recommend it.

4  Thank Georvic R
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I asked my hotel for a restaurant in portofino where we could eat good local food. I didn't wanna go to the usuals such as Puny, I wanted something less touristic. So they advised us to try the "Strainer".
Well I must say we were very satisfied !
Service was perfect , the staff is very nice and very caring .
We had the specialty dish of pasta with Parmesan and truffles, mixed by the chef/ owner himself with a little show next to the table. The dish was delicious, but quite expensive 48€ the dish, but worth trying , and you could always share it with someone.
The mussels soup as starter was exquisite so were the shrimps with potatoes as starter ,and the pesto pasta made by them was also very good.
We had the 5terre white wine, very good selection.
We didn't have any fish or meat , we were already full at this point. I heard the fish is super good and fresh there :)))
The location of the restaurant is very romantic it's right next to the water/ port , but not located right in the piazza where all the other restaurants are( in case you care about that )
I would advice any Portofino visitor to go to Strainer ! You won't regret it !
Don't expect a cheap place ! It's quite expensive ! But THIS IS PORTOFINO ! Impossible to find anything cheap !

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I always come here not because of the view but because of the service and fast internet!!! They also have very nice and accommodating staff...