Excelsior Palace Hotel
  • Room Service
Hotel Vesuvio(Rapallo)
  • Bar/Lounge
1,585 results
All reviewsbeach clubinfinity poolbyron restaurantstar hotelbeautiful hotellord byroneden rocksea viewcinque terreold world charmitalian rivieraour honeymoonspectacular viewsligurian seabuffet breakfastsanta margaritasuperb location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 September 2013

This was the first hotel of our honeymoon after travelling down from Lake Como, this is a typically Italian Classical styled hotel, Grand Hotel with Grand Views, the reception area and ground floor breakfast room were clean, friendly welcoming places with very courteous and attentive staff. The rooms although very clean and well sized were perhaps starting to just become a little tired looking but as a whole package the hotel was superb. An easy 10 minute stroll into the al fresco dining areas of Rapallo or short 15 minute drive to Portofino makes the hotel a perfect location. The spa, beautifully scenic infinity pool, and general terraced sun bathing areas were lovely and a perfect location to unwind from the stress of organising a wedding and getting on with enjoying our honeymoon.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
ExcelsiorRapallo, Direttore generale at Excelsior Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your review written on the occasion of your recent stay with us.
We are delighted that you fully enjoyed the first part of your honeymoon at the Excelsior appreciating the property with its view as well as your room and the courtesy of our staff.

We are also pleased to read that you loved our Beach Club with the infinity panoramic pool and the terraces to suntan.

We thank you again for your attention and we hope to welcoming you again sooner in Rapallo.

Best regards from the sunny Portofino Coast.

Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

This was one of the best hotels ever that I spent my vacation.
dont miss swiming in the private beach.
We are a family 2 adults + 2 kids.
we spent 4 nights there. It was wonderful.
You have to try hotel breakfast. Also if u have a chance to enjoy outdor tables facing marina and butiful views.
excellent service luxury hotel unique in rapallo.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all let us thank you for your comments written on the occasion of your 4 night stay with your family at the Excelsior last August.
We are honoured to read that you consider the Excelsior one of the best hotels ever you spent your vacation, appreciating above all our Beach Club with the infinity panoramic pool.
We are also pleased to read that you enjoyed your Buffet Breakfast on the terrace, facing the marina view, of the Lord Byron Restaurant.

Thanking you again, we hope to welcoming you back again at the Excelsior and we send you our best regards from the sunny Portofino Coast.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

The hotel has an excellent location for summer travels. It is very close to the center of the town(5 minutes by walk) and just few steps to ligurian sea. It is an old style hotel decorated with classic furnitures however all are renovated and clean. The hotel staff may be considered friendly (maybe my standart and expectation is a little high as I'm used Turkish hospitality and high service quality)

The breakfast was not excellent when you think the price you pay. It can be improved with bette quality food and more choices.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
ExcelsiorRapallo, Direttore generale at Excelsior Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your review published on the occasion of your recent stay at the Excelsior Palace.
We are delighted to read that you fully enjoyed your stay appreciating above all the location as well as our staff.

Furthermore, we would like to remind you that your comments are very precious to us in order to improve our standards of service and to better understand our Clients’ needs.

Thanking you again for your preference in choosing the Excelsior Palace, we send you our best regards from the Portofino Coast.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

I have just got back today after a weeks stay from 7th Sept, I booked through Citalia, Our room was 118 not huge but everything you want with a fantastic view, nice size private balcony, I have stayed in 17 different Italian hotels ( yes I love Italy and the Italians ) :-) this was the best in that the hotel for 5 stars which it was worthy off, the breakfast was the best I have ever had in Italy, I really looked forward to breakfast lots of English cereals, an abundance of fresh fruit, along with fresh fruit salad, simply the best yogurts, I did not eat bacon, sausage, egg, plenty did, lots of cappuccino and toast nice marmalade all lovely, the staff from reception, cleaners, bell boys,waiters were happy, polite, really helpful and were so obliging, every night a complimentary bottle of water left after they turn your bed down, along with a weather report for the next day, I thought that was really nice, also at the Hotel they had bicycles to use I am not sure what the rate was also about 6 scooters, I think a lot of thought has gone into making your stay as nice as possible, now the pool is over the other side of the road, but this is not a problem as they have an enclosed bridge to take you there, and it is a very nice area, the indoor pool was 28 degrees so just nice that's the pool I used, I saw three life guards so its very safe for children too, and you get clean pool towels daily, also in your room all our bedding and towels were changed daily, I love getting into clean sheets but everyday Mmm nice, There is a steepish drive up to the hotel, so if you don't want to walk you can get a Taxi from the town for 13 Euros, but once you have done it twice it is easy believe me, We got the first Taxi from airport which was 100 euros, but on the way back we booked Gino for 90 euros he drove a VW Sharan white he was great could not speak much English but he made us laugh on way to airport talking to us in Italian all the way. I think I have covered most things, I did not eat in the evening so can't help you there, but what I will say to anyone who says its expensive, you are staying at a 5 star Hotel it will not be cheap.We went to Portofino 3 times those super yachts are fantastic anyway a return trip on the ferry tickets bought together 22 euros or 30 if you buy either way, to go by bus if you buy tickets in advance its 3 euros you get a blue bus from Rapallo change at Santa Margarita then the orange bus takes you to Portofino either trip takes about 35 mins, I hope you have found this information helpful.

Room Tip: Sea View is a must not all have balcony,s so ask for a balcony too.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your kind review written on the occasion of your week stays at the Excelsior at the beginning of September.
We are so pleased to hear that you fully enjoyed your holiday appreciating your room with sea view as well as the Buffet Breakfast with great choice of different products, home made too.
We also thank you for your compliments to all our Staff mentioned from the different areas, we are also pleased to read that you enjoyed your time at the Beach Club near the infinity panoramic pool.
Finally, let us also thank you for your precious suggestions and notes about our scooters and bicycles service rental as well as the transfers details from/to airport and from/to Santa Margherita Ligure and Portofino.

Hoping to welcoming you back again sooner at the Excelsior, we send you our best regards from the sunny Portofino Coast.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Excelsior Hotel in Rapallo on August 2013.
If you like classic style hotels with charms, and enjoy a private beach meditarranean style, this Hotel is a must. It is a 5 star well kept facility with good service and family oriented.
It can also be a romantic place, however we found few people enjoyed the late evenings with live music at the bar near the beach. Rapallo´s view is not as Portofino but is an option if you like the wonderful riviera scenery. The beach is not sandy and it has a sea ladder attached to the rocky
entrance, but water is clear and safe, except for samll medusas if you are bitten by an unluccky fortune. The hotel is walking distance to downtown and price is mid - high, but acceptable for one of the most luxurious resorts in the Liguria.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
ExcelsiorRapallo, Direttore generale at Excelsior Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your review written on the occasion of your recent stay at the Excelsior.
We are delighted to read that you appreciated the classic style of the hotel as well as our Beach Club with pools and Jacuzzi on the terrace.
We are pleased also to hear that you fully enjoyed the atmosphere of the new Eden Roc Lounge & Restaurant late in the evening with live music.

We thank you again for your attention and we send you our best regards from the Portofino Coast.