The heart does not rise at the "Best Western" tag but this hotel was a pleasant surprise.
Easy access from the autostrada.
Located right down near the seaside in the heart of Rapallo, everything is at your doorstep--unlike some of the old dowager hotels of yesteryear, set outside the main town. This is convenient for shopping, sightseeing and parking. We chose this hotel as they have access to a locked garage nearby. As our car was full of wine and olive oil from our Italian holiday, we didn't wish to leave it in the open air carpark across the street, although the young employee who guided us to the locked garage assured us theft is not a problem there. We paid 25 euros for the locked garage--which is indeed very secure. The open air parking is 12 euros.
The hotel--not a magnificent Grand Dame--has been redone in a pleasant, modern style (though the artwork on the walls is a bit kitsch). Our room was particularly attractive, though the shower room a bit cramped. Everything looked fresh and spotless. We had a balcony overlooking the harbor. Worth paying the extra for the sea view! Nice, modern breakfast room with excellent coffee and attention paid to healthy choices--including low fat plain yogurt, fresh fruit, soya milk, etc. The windows and doors are double-glazed which is necessary as this is a busy crossroads in the town and noise might be an issue--though in November there was no problem. We make the drive between France and Italy frequently, always looking for pleasant stopover hotels. Would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rapallo is rightly considered the pearl of the Gulf of Tigullio, the Best Western Hotel Tigullio Royal is its shining star in the hotel sector.A refined and elegant 4-star hotel, it stands on Rapallo's seafront, at the heart of the magnificent Italian Riviera. Santa Margherita, Portofino, Camogli and Sestri Levante can easily be reached by train or boat. The Tigullio Royal Hotel stands in Piazza IV Novembre, in the centre of Rapallo, very close to places of historic and cultural interest in the city. For business guests there is a Conventioned Meeting Centre, up to 50, next to Best Western Hotel Tigullio Royal; Coffee Break and Lunch services available on reques ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Hotel Tigullio Royal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Tigullio Royal Hotel Rapallo
- Tigullio Royal Rapallo
- Tigullio Royal Hotel Rapallo