“Dancing Dinner”
Review of Hotel Miramare

Hotel Miramare
Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Rapallo
Reviewed 15 September 2012

We did not stay at the hotel. We went for dinner on a lovely summer evening and never wanted it to end. Food was excellent served with professionalism and ... surprise a band was playing live music .. my parents both in their seventies just had so much fun dancing. The band was varying music from all over and for all ages, so from little kids to older people were swifting along the dance floor. We simply enjoyed the ambiance and will try the hotel for accomodation next time in Rapallo.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hotel Miramare

Reviewed 20 May 2012

We travelled ith a couple of friends and enjoyed the fantastic view of this hotel wih a great location, making it a great value. A bit old, but view and price compensate!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hopetohelpyou
Reviewed 14 February 2012

We were on our way from Milan to the Cinque Terre, but due to a train strike we ended up in Rapallo. We had no reservation, but rolled into town and got a room at Miramare. We got a junior suite end room which had a unobstructed view of the sea out 1 window and an unobstructed view of the mountains from the other. A big thunderstorm rolled in that night. It was amazing! The staff was so pleasant to us lending us a wine opener and extra wine glasses. We wandered the streets, and even climbed some ancient steps up the mountain along the gondola path. If I ever return to Rapallo we would stay at MiraMar. (BTW-I liked Rapallo better than the Cinque Terre which was too crowded -(end of Sept)

Room Tip: 3rd or 4th floor corner jr suite
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank redAzleTX
Reviewed 8 August 2011

This hotel really gives you the feeling of the old riviera. It is a bit quirky and strange, but an enjoyable place to stay. The only problem is noice from the city square in the summer. It is music every evening untill midnight. Not a problem for couples and singles, but not the best option for families - especially since you dont have balconies where you can colse the door behind you. Then you end up sitting in the room behind closed windoes in the evenings. This hotel is a super option for elderly people - and there are several staying there at a full board basis. You have to like to stay together with elderly people - but if you do you get a lot for the money at this hotel, which is really cool. If you are concidering a long-term stay in the winter - you can get a fantastic offer here.

Room Tip: Try to get one on the very few rooms with a balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank TravellingMaxOslo
Reviewed 16 June 2010

This was our 2nd trip to Rapallo in 2 years, last time we stayed at Tigullio Grand but decided to try Miramare this time as we looked it over on our previous visit. Easy to get to, just turn left out of rail station then right and walk down to sea front - takes less than 5 minutes . Easy check in, we were expected and had a "no fuss" warm welcome. Room was delightful, 4th floor ( the Art Deco lift is a treasure! ) with stunning view over the bay. Spotlessly clean, large, excellent modernised bathroom wuth full bath and shower. Bed firm but not hard and an extra pillow provided immediatly we asked. Whilst the hotel is on the seafront road ( ideally situated right opposite the local ferry departure point ) the double glazed "Juliet Balcony" window doors and shutter were effective in minimising outside noise at night, we slept well all week. Breakfast served 8 - 10 in nice room with a choice of cereals, fruit, cold meats, bread / toast and pastries - couldn't fault it and a decent cup of tea with 2 tea bags! Staff at this family run hotel were unfailingly friendly and helpful. Minor quibbles are that the room TV didn't have BBC24 or CCN although they were on the TV guide card and the fridge didn't work. However the aircon was extremely effective when needed.The hotel has a nice outside seating area. We didn't eat at the hotel preferring to sample a variety of restaurants in Rapallo and Santa Margharita. A couple from the USA we met there had a similar positive view of the Miramare - we will certainly stay at the Miramare again on another trip to Liguria. Finally, terrific value for money which was welcomed in this high cost area!!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RobboSussex_England
Reviewed 8 March 2010

My partner and I arrived at this classically "old fashioned" Hotel, and were initially put off by the dated rooms. After a considerable inspection I found that our room was micrscopically clean, and the staff in reception ( a middle aged lady and an elderly gent) were conviviallity personified.

We arrived at night..bemused by the Italian trafic and scooters buzzing around , but the calm of Hotel Miramare compensated for this. The next morning I opened our windows and there was just the sea in front of our room!..mid November and it was 22C!

We didn't eat in the Hotel restaurant, but probably will give it a shot next time round...probably Oct 2010..there are plenty of other places around there if you deon't fancy the food.

One word of caution, be careful where you park in Rapallo!.,.We were towed despite being in a payed for spot in a municiple carpark at the end of the beach. Having said that, the staff at Hotel Miramare were wonderfully helpful and arranged an English speaking Taxi Driver to help us.

I really can't understand why folk would write a negative review of this Hotel, it may not be a 5 star super luxe pad, but at 90 Euros a night..,it's fantastic!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2009

We did not stay at the Miramare. However, I booked it through booking.com. I cancelled the reservation at the Miramare about three weeks prior to traveling to Rapallo, and rebooked at the Lido de Italia, also in Rapallo. The cancellation was easily within the hotel's cancellation policy. I received a confirmation of my cancellation from booking.com.

When we returned home we found that our AMEX credit card was charged for the stay.
I wrote to booking.com and asked that the hotel credit my American Express credit card.
They told me that the technology to credit my AMEX account for the incorrect charge was not available in Italy. Ha, ha, I thought. But they insisted that it wasn't. However, they asked for my personal banking information so that they could send me the money.

Six weeks went by since I asked for the credit, and gave them information to transfer the money to my bank account, and nothing happened. booking.com didn't seem able to immediately solve my problem. They even asked ME to contact the hotel. Finally, American Express was able to research my issue, and gave me the credit to my account. The hotel never did anything that they said that they would do. Sure glad that we never stayed there.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple