Hotel Miramare
Hotel Vesuvio(Rapallo)
US$344
US$163
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewstwo sideshotel overlookingcinque terrelocation is excellentlarge roomtrain stationrecommend this hotelitalian rivierabalconywaterfrontboatseaportofinomargheritamilansantacoast
Reviewed 9 November 2009

We did not stay at the Miramare. However, I booked it through booking.com. I cancelled the reservation at the Miramare about three weeks prior to traveling to Rapallo, and rebooked at the Lido de Italia, also in Rapallo. The cancellation was easily within the hotel's cancellation policy. I received a confirmation of my cancellation from booking.com.

When we returned home we found that our AMEX credit card was charged for the stay.
I wrote to booking.com and asked that the hotel credit my American Express credit card.
They told me that the technology to credit my AMEX account for the incorrect charge was not available in Italy. Ha, ha, I thought. But they insisted that it wasn't. However, they asked for my personal banking information so that they could send me the money.

Six weeks went by since I asked for the credit, and gave them information to transfer the money to my bank account, and nothing happened. booking.com didn't seem able to immediately solve my problem. They even asked ME to contact the hotel. Finally, American Express was able to research my issue, and gave me the credit to my account. The hotel never did anything that they said that they would do. Sure glad that we never stayed there.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank onesunseeker
Reviewed 6 July 2008

My sister and I just enjoyed a fantasitic 4 night stay at the Hotel Miramare. My parents recommeded it to us, and now we all love it! It was one of the least expensive hotels we stayed in on the vacation, and absolutely one of the best.
The first room we were shown was ok, but they let us look at another room (which was 218) and this one was beautiful! We had a balcony with two chairs, twin beds, a panoramic view of the sea, and excellent air-conditioning! We also had a little fridge, and a very functional bathroom by Italian standards!
The breakfast was very nice as well and included in the price of 110 Euros. The hotel staff was helpful, and had some great suggestions.
We loved Rapallo, and felt very safe and at home there. We had two excellent dinners at a wine bar right around the corner from the hotel across from a toy store with six or seven tables in front. I wish I could remember the name!
Rapallo, and the Hotel Miramare are a convenient and affordable base for exploring the area by boat and train. The boats leave from across the street from the hotel, and the train station is a five minute walk. We wished we had more time!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank cthrlyn
Reviewed 26 September 2007

We came across the beautiful Itailian village by accident and were lucky to spend the night here on our travels!
The accomodation was basic, but clean and the staff were friendly.
The view from the balcony was gorgeous, right across the med!
The village/town itself was breathtakingly lovely and there were plenty of places to eat and drink.

We walked quite abit all around the town and then drove further along the coast the next day!

Would love to return and would stay int he hotel again, no qualms.

Only negative thing I would mention was the breakfast wasn't really up to much. But then we did come down at the tail of everyone else and there wasn't much left!

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank Samthurogood
A TripAdvisor Member
Yorktown, New York
Reviewed 10 April 2005

My wife and I just returned from a two week trip to Italy. The highlight of our trip was a four day stay in Rapallo. The weather was mild and sunny, the scenery fabulous, and the town wasn't burdened with too many turists.

Our hotel was centrally located, with a fantastic view of the Mediterranean and nearby mountains. Our room at the Miramare was tastefully decorated and immaculately clean. The staff is friendly and eager to please.
The owners, Gino & Titiana Camisa, are gracious hosts and went out of their way in helping us organize our daily excursions to cinque terre, portofino etc.

The Miramare's restaurant offers gourmet quality food as well as a panoramic view of the Promenade and the sea. Breakfast is a lavish assortment of the classic morning fare.

This gem of a hotel offers 4 star accomodations at the price of a 3 star. We highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Valdosta, GA
Reviewed 16 November 2003

My husband & I travel to Rapallo twice yearly since his mother lives there. Our usual hotel was booked, so we decided to stay at the Mira Mare. We found a junior suite room & rate via their internet site. Upon our arrival we were told that our reserved room was still occupied, so they put us in a regular room but still insisted on charging us $180 (which was the junior suite rate) instead of the $90 rate (which was posted on the sign on the back of our hotel room door). We asked to speak to the manager who was standing right beside the clerk. He refused to acknowledge us or speak to us. We checked out the next morning & were charged the $180 rate. When we returned to America, my husband contacted American Express (since we purposely paid with this card so we could dispute the rate). Thanks to AmEx, we paid the $90 rate instead of the $180 rate. They still managed to charge us for breakfast too which was suppose to be included in the room rate. The capuccino was horrible, & in addition, we had a piece of bread. I will never eat or stay at this hotel again because of the poor management & their total apathy. Do yourself a favor & stay at the Hotel Europa or the Rosabianca.

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member