“A Bitter disappointment”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I last visited this restaurant in September 2012, and gave it an excellent review. On the basis of that experience I booked a table for our last night in Santa Margherita, as a climax to our week's stay. the restaurant has changed hands since 2012, and rather than being the culminating highlight of our visit it was the worst meal we had.

Cooking was pedestrian and undistinguished. I can scarcely recall what I ate, I suppose because it doesn't merit recalling. A real disappointment, especially as we took a friend who had not been to SM before. I might add that the restaurant was almost empty.

2  Thank David315954
There are newer reviews for Il Nostromo

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We were passing by this restaurant and were both convinced that we want to eat here tonight.
The restaurant has a lovely atmosphere and the owners are very sympathic.
For starters, we had both a homemade strudel, then pasta (with housewine) and for dessert a semifreddo. The food was very tasty and real Italian food! The owner cooks the menues by herself and all the ingridients are fresh ( even the fish she buys fresh from the morning market).
We did not regret our decision to eat there!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

June 2014. Saw this restaurant as we walked into town from the railway station, and ended up coming back for lunch a couple of hours later. We were one of only two tables, perhaps because its a bit off the main thoroughfare. We were not disapponted. Best mozarella and tomatoes ever. Lovely pasta and fish. Recommended.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I went here on April 30, 2014 based on the Trip Advisor reviews. I also took 7 of my newfound friends traveling with a group. The food was o.k. to good--not great! The service was horrible! All 8 of us were brought our food one at a time. The first few were finished eating by the time the last got his food. There were no brothers--only 2 women! I was so embarrassed after telling them of the great Trip Advisor reviews. No one left a tip. I just know the ownership must have changed since last fall.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Restaurant tucked away on a back street behind an arch (thus the street name). Run by a Mom and daughter team, Mom being the chef and daughter the waiter. Food did not disappoint. We had vegetable soup, pasta and fish, all using fresh ingredients. Chef even willing to split 2 pastas on 2 dishes so that my wife and I can try both.
Highly recommended.