“Beautiful hotel”

Grand Hotel Miramare
“Beautiful hotel”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

This was my 6th stay at this hotel and it's still my favourite place in the world. The hotel is a beautiful old style building set in gorgeous gardens with a wonderful view of the sea. It's so relaxing sitting on the terrace or by the pool and looking out over the Mediterranean. The rooms are tastefully decorated and kept very clean. The food in the restaurant is lovely and the service is professional, friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel and cannot wait to return again soon.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Essex
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I have just returned from my third stay at this hotel and look forward to returning many more times. The hotel is beautifully traditional with lots of charm but with all the modern comfort standards expected of one of the best hotels. It is in a wonderful location close to the town of Santa Margherita and also from here it is easy to make day trips to many other beautiful places around the coast. I cannot understand the reviewer Mark who thought it was 'terrible' and I do wonder if he was staying in a completely different hotel as his comments were incomprehensible to me. Yes it is a traditional hotel and I wouldn't expect bland beige rooms with 'in room entertainment' why would I when it is perfectly clear from the hotel web site just what to expect. Our room as always was very clean and comfortable with beautiful furniture and a comfy bed with luxury bedding, just to wake up in the morning and see the lovely pool and the sea is pure joy to me. The staff are always knowledgeable and professional and strive to help. As for having to wear trousers in the restaurant that is the hotel's prerogative and I applaud it, I don't want to sit on a chair in my best clothes when some sweaty legs have been smeared all over the seat. I can't wait to return to this wonderful hotel and cannot praise the staff enough.

2 Thank Hope48
12/4/2011
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My husband and I have been in the travel industry for the past 20 years. We have been able to travel to many countries and have stayed in hundreds of the finest of hotels around the world. In fact on our current trip, The Grand Hotel Miramar is our tenth hotel since we left home on May 19. I have reviewed most of our hotels on Trip Advisor very highly, many with excellent ratings, however none deserves the highest of ratings more than this Grand Hotel Miramar.

Ample staff offers consistent and comforting eye-contact whenever that confused expression even begins to appear on my face. Questions are answered and needs are met in the most polite and responsive manner possible. Nothing seems to give the staff greater pleasure than to see that we are happy.

Our deluxe room with balcony provides a view of the Mediterranean that could be used as a setting in any romantic movie. The comfort and spaciousness of our suite is second best to the pleasure we receive from the private beach accommodations, the lovely and large pool area, and of course, the charming neighboring streets of Santa Margarita.

Skip quickly over any review you read to the contrary and focus only on the glowing remarks from the 99.999% of the rest of us who are overjoyed that we chose the Grand Hotel Miramar.

Room Tip: We love our deluxe room with water view and balcony
4 Thank janet g
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Staying at The Grand Hotel Miramare was an exceptional experience. From the location, to the service, the delicious onsite restaurant, and luxurious rooms... everything was spectacular. I had a room facing the water and awoke to a beautiful view every morning. This was my first visit but certainly not my last!!!! To learn more about my experience, please visit: http://www.goeatgive.com/mediterranean-oasis-the-grand-hotel-miramare/

Room Tip: The water facing views are breathtaking and you will enjoy sitting out on your terrace watching the...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jadenlie
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We had an excellent 6 day stay during which the staff could not do enough for us. The hotel is located on the edge of town, which is a perfect location as the traffic and footfall is light but you remain within a hop skip and a jump from the many restaurants and bars of the town centre and the walk into town if a level one! You are also on the local bus route to Portofino et al - it stops almost right outside.

The hotel is indeed grande with a long history. Its major claim to fame is that the first microwave transmissions were actually sent from its front terrace, but has also hosted film stars and other famous people in its time.

Our superior room with a sea view and balcony was definitely the one to have. It appeared to have just been tastefully redecorated and was very well appointed with an enormous bed that was very comfortable. The bathroom was also very nicely appointed and the room was kept immaculate and turned down for us every night - with a chocolate on the pillow - silly really, but a nice touch all the same.

The hotel really oozes old world charm from the moment you enter with an elegant reception, grand great rooms and two lovely bars. The pool is large, immaculately presented and absolutely fantastic, but when we stayed the water temperature was rather cold and the pool really ,needs to be heated. I guess in high summer the sun does that job at no cost but heating for the out of season travellers would make it perfect. The wooden decking that surrounds the pool was a nice design feature, which enabled you to dip your toes in the water as you drank your generous gin and tonics that were ably served by white suited waiters while you overlooked the beautiful coastline from a slightly elevated position. The grounds that surround the hotel were very well appointed and presented and a tribute to the groundsmen.

The dinners were first class and exceptionally well served again by white suited waiters (such a nice touch) and the Head Waiter really looked after us at breakfasts and dinners.The concierge was very helpful in providing suggestions and booking taxis and check in and out was very professional. We especially appreciated the patrons kind gift to my wife of a silk scarf and a promise to take personal responsibility for our next stay - which will not be long in coming.

Room Tip: You have to stay in a room with a sea view and balcony - not to is just to waste the panoramic views...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My wife and I have lived in London and traveled all over Italy and France for many years and have to say the Grande Hotel Miramare was wonderful. Terrific location, very clean and large rooms, Frettte linens on very comfortable beds, a superb breakfast in a beautiful setting all along with a very professional staff. The General Manager personally greeted us with a genuine warm welcome. We would highly recommend.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Miramare is a a beautfiul classy hotel in the heart of Santa Margherita Ligure. 5 minute walking distance from the center where all the restaurants and shops are. This hotel defiantly blew all my expectations away...My husband and I absolutely loved our stay there. The yummy breakfast, the clean fresh room, the outstanding service, the location, the pool, the beach...everything was just wow. We could have not picked a better hotel to stay at during our visit in the Italian Riviera. The hotel has a beach area right in front of it; however, the pool on property is sea salt water which is great, because the pool area is a little more private than the beach. Stay here, you will not regret it!!

Room Tip: Sea view room is highly recommended...amazing views!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Margherita Ligure
#1 of 21 in Santa Margherita Ligure
Lido Palace Hotel
Lido Palace Hotel
#12 of 21 in Santa Margherita Ligure

Been to Grand Hotel Miramare? Share your experiences!