Hotel Santa Margherita Palace(Santa Margherita Ligure)
US$421
US$369
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Laurin(Santa Margherita Ligure)
US$387
  • Pool
Lido Palace Hotel(Santa Margherita Ligure)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$229
US$194
Hotels.com
Hotel Continental(Santa Margherita Ligure)
US$388
US$370
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Regina Elena(Santa Margherita Ligure)
US$345
US$302
  • Beachfront
Hotel Blu di Te(Santa Margherita Ligure)
US$390
US$365
Hotel Jolanda(Santa Margherita Ligure)
US$214
US$200
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$222/night.

Metropole(Santa Margherita Ligure)
US$385
US$341
US$890
US$864
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$1,065/night.

All reviewscinque terresea viewpark viewriviera travelold worldfabulous hotelitalian rivieraconcierge staffwithout exceptionlarge bathroombeach clubold schoolrestaurant staffloved this hotelsalt waterbreakfast buffetligurian sea
Reviewed 3 August 2014

All of the staff were extremely courteous and helpful. In a lovely setting overlooking the sea to the front and gardens to the rear, really relaxed ans scenic. A short walk to the marina and into town where there is an abundance of restaurants. Have to say, probably in the top 3 of holidays we have ever had. Recommended!

Room Tip: Had room at rear overlooking garden with a balcony and quiet. You have all day to see the sea whilst sat by the pool so why pay extra.
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Ok, you come to this part of the coast to visit Portofino. Fair enough, they do have pricing power. The hotel is a grand old dame which would have fit perfectly in a grand tour.

The grounds of the hotel are really beautiful and the gardens charming. The room was nice enough to lounge about although getting the attention of a waiter was impossible, so we did without cocktail and the hotel without additional revenue.

The rooms are underwhelming, you really pay for the location rather than an amazing place. The breakfast was very nice with waiting staff on a roll and very attentive.

2  Thank JohnSINSG
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We recently spent 12 nights at the hotel(having been there before) and had a marvelous time. The hotel gets better and better, if that's possible. The staff was so helpful and courteous,helping us many,many times--especially Moreno and Gianluca at the Concierge desk. Our room overlooking the sea was terrific and the pool was large and very refreshing.Hotel is a 5-10 minute walk from town center. Grand Hotel Miramare is old world elegance, but is fresh,crisp and very clean throughout. Go there.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank howardtraveler
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I just think this is the most marvellous, old world hotel! I had a wonderful stay at the end of October last year and have been meaning to write a review. It rained the whole time, it was the end of the season, the place was empty, but still, I loved it so much! Grazie!

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Amanda R
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I loved this grand hotel that was exceptional in every way. The location is prime - across from the pebble beach (the concessions at the beach are not owned by the hotel but some loungers are free for hotel guests, based on availability), 3 mins walk to some restaurants and about 10 mins to the center of town, and a 45-60 mins walk to Portofino (depending on your pace). The hotel gardens and pool areas are lovely. I much preferred the pool to the pebbles of the crowded beach. We never had a problem with finding a sun lounger and the pool staff is incredibly helpful. Do not miss the gardens at the rear of the hotel. The sentimental walk is both cool and tranquil, and a haven for song birds . The view over the bay is spectacular.
The hotel itself is like stepping back in time to an era of elegance and civility. Every member of staff from reception, concierge, housekeeping, pool and parking was friendly and courteous. The building is the epitome of a stately hotel. We stayed in room 506 with a balcony. The view of the sea was lovely and I enjoyed my moments on the balcony with our welcome bottle of Asti. I found the bathroom to be fine, although some may think it needs updating, I had no issue with it. Turn down service occurred every night, no matter how different our schedule. I do think it is worth splurging for the sea view rooms (balcony) but a garden view would be pretty too.
When reviewing hotels, I like to take into consideration the rate, the star rating and the style. For me, this hotel ticked all the boxes. My greatest regret was that I should have altered my schedule to spend more than 3 nights at the exquisite Grand Hotel.

Room Tip: A higher view sea view room with balcony would be best. I loved our room 506, quiet and a great view.
3  Thank spotdog