“Great place with nice people who serves you”

Hotel Tigullio et de Milan
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Been in Hotel Tigullio several times, and they still continue to improve. Always helpful and with a serviceattitude which is rare .
had the oppertunety to enjoy there roof terrasse this time. Nice and relaxing.

Good value for money !

Room Tip: With balkony, please :-)
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 50JensP

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights at the Hotel Tigullio et de Milan in room 411. This was a very nice double superior room which was a good size, overlooking the road at the front, with is own balcony. The hotel is situated 5 minutes walk out of the centre of Santa Margherita. While on a road, it gets quieter at night so noise isn't a problem even though the windows are only single glazed. The bathroom was small and the shower was pretty useless with little pressure and it kept going hot and cold, probably because we were on the top floor (4) and its an old building. Breakfast was included, which we took outside every morning and which was very acceptable.
The staff on reception were not very helpful, especially when we queried where we could park. They don't really have their own parking but they have an 'arrangement' with the local Fiat garage (2 mins walk) who will keep your car secure for the tidy sum of €20 per night! Leaving aside the expensive parking and the not so helpful reception, its a nice hotel and the location is very good.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Simon B
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Very nice. 24hr desk coverage (essential when you need it). Rooftop deck with neighborhood view. Excellent breakfast buffet. Great location for activities in Portofino Park, or daytrips to Genoa, Camogli, Chiavari. Very nice English - speaking staff. They were up to date on transportation schedules, the weather, you name it. This place was a great value for an upscale town like Santa Margherita Ligure.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank songstruck
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel with my friend to visit Santa Margherita Portofino and Cinque Terre for couple nights. The reception staffs are helpfull and well knowledge about the tourist needs for visiting the area. They are always Ready to help tourist. The breakfast serving men were excellent, nice and helpfull and The foods are good with different kind of BF choices for western BF. You would find anything you expected for BF. Bed room is big enough for 2 people to moving around not like mostly B&B in Europe. The bed is comfortable. The room is very clean and everything you need are there. I absolutely will return If i visited Santa Margherita Ligure. Recommended without hesitation

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Nia01
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Beautiful Hotel with very accommodating staff. Room, breakfast and location were all great. The decor is beautiful and sitting areas very comfortable with newspapers and magazines. Staff happy to start breakfast 30 mins early to accommodate our early departure.
This hotel has a lift which is helpful after a days walking. It is also convenient to the station.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Vicki2102
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My husband and I recently spent almost 3 weeks traveling with a group in Italy. We did not choose the hotels. This one was quite a surprise. We spent 3 nights most of which my husband was ill. He said he "picked the best one" if he had to be ill. Our room was large, quiet, and comfortable. The staff made this very nice hotel even better. When one staff member noticed that I was getting breakfast to take to my husband, he ran to get me a tray. The breakfast was very nice with lots of choices and fresh fruit. We had a group dinner the final night here which was one of the best on the whole trip. If I ever go back to Italy, I would like to visit Santa Margherita, Italy and Hotel Tigullio et de Milan!

Room Tip: Our room was on the 2nd floor at the top of the stairs
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank cpamama2010
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel greatly. It's a small family owned hotel walking distance from shops, restaurants and the water. The rooms although all different and some smaller than others were clean and comfy. It was the first restful night of sleep I had on our European tour. I wish we had longer than two nights here.

In addition to the clean and comfy space was the excellent service and group dinner that was prepared for us. I wish I would have gotten the gentleman's name who did the cooking, acted as bellhop, barista, etc. He was wonderful. Took pride in his business and the service he provided. I would highly recommend this hotel if you make it to this lovely, sleepy town.

• Stayed: April 2014