“Beautiful baroque church”

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Beautiful baroque church”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Favorite church in Santa Margherita. Worth the hike up the hill to see it. Beautiful baroque flourishes with stunning chandeliers.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Tracie S

Lancaster, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Worth the climb”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Chiesa Di San Giacomo Di Corte is situated high on a hillside. To walk to the church is not for the feint hearted. I decided to walk up what appeared to be hundreds of, in places, quite narrow steps. On reaching what I thought was the end of my climb there was yet another set of steps. I had taken the climb at a gentle pace, the morning being sunny and warm and was very pleased to find that I was not 'out of breath'. The climb is well worth the effort. The views are spectacular over the bay. Inside the church, I was not disappointed, there are a few photographs of the interior on the website, well worth a visit.
After spending time sitting quietly and taking in the atmosphere I strolled around enjoying the individual alters, lighting candles for my friends and family at home and saying my prayers of thanks.
I thoroughly recommend a visit to this church either climbing the steep steps, walking up quite a steep hill or, there is room to park a car.

Visited May 2014