Romantic Casa Lorenzina B&B
US$157
US$149
Travelocity
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$169/night.

Hotel Calypso(Ventimiglia)
US$83
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$111/night.

Book now, pay at stay
US$133
US$129
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$147/night.

Hotel Giuseppe(Ventimiglia)
Free cancellation until 31/05
US$85
US$82
US$98
US$94
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$104/night.

Hotel Posta(Ventimiglia)
US$109
US$106
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Seagull(Ventimiglia)
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 April 2010

Casa Lorenzina is a stone's throw from the French border and from the town of Vengtimiglia. The view from the house is magical, the owner enchanting and is a truly memorable place to spend time. Pier told us everything we needed to know about where to eat and what to see and where to buy fresh pasta to take home. None of his recommendations are in the guides....this is insider insider.
There are only two rooms, personal attention is guaranteed as is the view and the total charm of Casa Lorenzina.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2010

This was a wonderful bed and breakfast experience. The owner, Pier, did so very much for everyone and made this a vacation we will never forget.

We have never seen anyone put their heart into their work so much and “go above and beyond” like Pier did. He gave everything a personal touch (even down to the candles and fresh flowers daily in the room). He is very good at everything he does, is honest, and very hard-working. We have stayed at numerous B&B’s but never met anyone who compares to this good man.

The last bit of private road to the house is steep and narrow. However, we drove it in the worst conditions -- late at night after a hard day of driving, in pouring down rain, and even driving an extra large van, we still we did just fine. There are many steps involved at this facility, but the breathtaking views makes them worth it.

This is a great location for either relaxing or sightseeing - amazing natural beauty. This was just a wonderful experience. This is the real Italy experience and not a cookie-cutter hotel chain in the middle of a big city. It is very natural and beautiful. We had a wonderful time there and will never forget it.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GermanyTourist
Reviewed 10 September 2009

I was there one night out of 10 booked and needed to return to UK as family emergency. Pier told me, no refunds, was not usual and claim on insurance. He offered no receipt, no papers, no terms and conditions. The jam had penicillin on it, the room was spotless clean however there were cobwebs, dead flies and bees on the floor near the television. The view is stunning indeed, I will agree totally. The site offers 6 night stay, 1 night free and this was not offered also. I am in contact with some authorities now as seems his keep all the money policy is not permitted. My partner was so upset you cannot imagine, he returned her 2 nights cost, promised another 4 nights free and then thats it I keep the rest. There was a building site where the car parks, and BIG trucks come by he told me when am there. It is his duty to report this as a change in business enviroment, we not all like expensive cars to be damaged at our own cost. He keeps birds, as is his right so please not go if allergy to budgies etc as he may keep your money also and tell you "allora" and claim on insurance. He sells a great illusion it seems, I am now in the process of writing articles for some holiday magazines as am a journalist (not holiday one) So please be careful, i paid 985euro, was returned 170euro.. SO, 815euro for one B&B. He told all local business are the same, i have, and indeed others have called and asked for details and none of them report this keep all the money policy.. Maybe he had a bad day? Maybe its normal? Maybe its the end of season make the most money you can? Please be careful as all things that look excellent.................... Are not

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SimonpP
Reviewed 5 June 2009

I can't comment on others' posts, but Pier was very kind and hospitable to us.
He was very helpful in giving us advice about the surrounding area - Monaco, Nice, Cannes and of course Ventimiglia itself.
Breakfast was amazing and was a great start to the day.

Of course, this place isn't for everyone - and it's mentioned on his website.
It is quite off the beaten track - the trail up to his casa is not paved, and you have to be of able body to be able to walk up and down some steps to and from his house.

The location otherwise is fantastic - the view exceptional....
There was only one small matter which prevents me from giving a rating of 5... the water pressure in the upper family room was very weak and it took ages for us to take a shower... If hope Pier fixes this quickly! I don't think it's an issue for the other rooms.

Oh, parking and driving up to the casa is difficult if you have a nice car.. but i've seen a picture of a ferrari 360 modena getting up... so, it really depends on you.

Thanks Pier for the great 3 days!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2009

My boyfriend set up this trip to the Italian/French Riviera to coincide w/the Monte Carlo Rally race along with some business to help pay for the trip. Our 1st 5 nites were spent here and our following 3 nites were to be in the Port Palace Hotel in Monte Carlo. At 1st, arriving around 10pm in the dark cloudy/wet after 30 odd hours traveling f/California, I was just eager to hole up in the room. Finding CL was a bit of a challenge, but luckily Tom is familiar w/the area and talented at navigating challenging roads (rugged Wisconsin guy). We at 1st parked in the wrong driveway, hopefully not too disturbing to the neighbors but o well. Finally Tom found Pier and f/there began a great experience. It was wet/cold so when we arrived in the room I immediately asked Pier if the room will become warmer in a short time. It was equipped w/a modern and efficient heating system and towel rack warmer :-)). Pier brought us an extra space heater which saved the day for me. After my trip I realize how green and way ahead the Europeans are in conservation and waste reduction, my #1 lesson I learned!
To follow were amazing family style hot and hardy breakfasts done in courses: yogart, fruit, prociutto, coffee, then the star of meal, the main hot dish of which we had an artichoke/egg pastry thing, eggplant parm, chard/herb omlette, quatro fromagio pizza, and on the last day a perfect souffle all cooked w/fresh ingredients and lots of love (also stuffed tomatoes and fresh anchovies, not to forget). If you are someone that enjoys a more cultural/family style visit, this is the place for you. Pier indulged my avalanche of questions about the cooking, land, native plants, language, restaurants, real estate
and more. I found Pier to be more accommodating beyond expectation, turning out to be a most generous and entertaining tour guide if you will. We found the room esthetic, clean and romantic (it is not a plush 5 star hotel room so don't expect this). If you are a nature and culture lover this is a the place for you. If you are looking for plush, luxiurious perfection, try the Port Palace Hotel in Monaco. Oh, and for sure the view f/your window alone makes it worth it!! While we very much enjoyed the restaurants in San Remo (especially the best plate of Frutta di Mare I've ever had in a restaurant on the sea), we ate the best while at CL than anywhere on our trip.

The land is a bit wild, a rugged hillside so I will reccommend ladies to wear sneakers or casual boots around the property and save the fancy shoes for hitting town. Enjoy the plants, flowers birds and of course the breathtaking views! Casa Lorenzina and Pier were just the Italian experience I needed. It was like staying w/your foreign land cousin. Grazie Mille Pier!

And to add: I was relieved to have speedy wireless in our room for our laptop use to stay in touch w/family and friends!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)