All reviews one night free wifi the owner train station citta alta marcella bgy
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I say it is the best choice for both B&B and hotel you can get in this part of Italy for that price. It is extremely clean and the owners make you feel at home. Comfortable rooms and bathroom with a welcoming sitting/dinning area. Great location - only walking distance from Porta Nuova. I wish I had planned to stay here more!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank J0sette70
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I was in Bergamo in September 2013, although it was only for one night, what is a pitty I think I found one of the best if not the best B&B in Bergamo. Thanks for amazing stay in Donizetti. perfect owner, excellent location, tasteful breakfast, clean and large rooms. I can only highly recommend. I would give six points of five possible.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We stayed for one night in Donizetti B&B and were very happy with our experience! First of all, the location is just great - easy to get to from the station (even with our heavy suitcases) and very close to the old town (15-20 mins walk max - we didn't bother with the funiculaire!)

Our hosts were lovely, welcoming and attentive, giving us maps and guides to bergamo (which is a fantastic place - wish we had more time there), as well as being very understanding and letting us leave our suitcase there the next morning while we explored Bergamo before our train.

The room was clean, big, had a fan, and the bathroom was also everything we needed. There is a lovely little communal area, free Wifi and the breakfast provided - wow! Really yummy and a huge spread, from yoghurts to cereal to pie!

Everything you could want from a B&B and more :)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for one night, which is a shame because both this B&B and Bergamo itself are hidden gems,and I would recommend visiting both! Donizetti B&B is centrally located within walking distance of the train station and the centre of Bergamo. The rooms are clean and spacious, but the service you get from the hosts is the main thing that makes this place great, nothing is too much trouble. The breakfast is very good, having had pre-packaged croissants and melba toasts in previous accommodation in Italy, it was a joy to have such a choice of fresh items including homemade cakes made by Eufemias mother in law.This B&B has a feeling of being welcomed into in someones home without intruding. We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com