“Nothing exciting but does the job”

Mercure Bergamo Palazzo Dolci
Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Bergamo
Sofia, Bulgaria
“Nothing exciting but does the job”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Location is very convenient, just one block from the train station (15 min from BGY airport with 1A bus). Despite the proximity with the train station the area is not seedy at all, we were coming back late at night and it was always ok. The funiculare to Citta Alta was 20 min walking. Rooms are ok, maybe a bit worn down, but compared to price, it's still good value. Bed is comfortable, rooms spacious, bathrooms too. Breakfast was good value at EUR 6 per person, book online to get 50% discount.

Service: what can I say, they are Italians, you either love them or hate them ;-) Most of the time I love it, for me it was quite entertaining.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Satorra, Front Office Manager at Mercure Bergamo Palazzo Dolci, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Guest,
thank you for your comments, your opionion is very importan and encourage us to keep going with our efforts to always improve the quality of service.
Looking forward on welcoming you in the future.
Eliana VIlla - Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Gdansk, Poland
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

I haven't tried other hotels in Bergamo so I have no comparison but I'd say I have stayed at better Mercure hotels. Starting from the breakfast which was as rich as at the rest of Mercure hotels. Staff was really friendly and rooms were ok. Place is not fresh builded so in next few years it will need some renovation. What I admire - if you step away on the left there is few restaurants and
bars on 100meters distance so you can take perfect cappucino or espresso sitting on a chair in the sun checking new Vouge you bought just around the corner in a Tabak.

• Stayed April 2014
DEar Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your experience following your stay at our hotel.

My team and I are really grateful for your kind words of appreciation, which encourage us to keep up our efforts, ensuring the service we provide always meets your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon at one of the Mercure hotels.

Lymm, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Went with my friend for a girlie weekend, this hotel was excellent value for money. The receptionists were very helpful and the breakfast in the mornings were great. Lots of choice for every sort of start of the day. The room was clean and spacious as was the bathroom. We had a little balcony to take a breath of evening air. The hotel is in a central location and easy to find

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your comment, they are very important to us.
Your opinion encourage us to keep going this way and always improve our quality of service.
Looking forward on welcoming you.
Vilnius, Lithuania
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Terrible place, who has allergy for feather duvets - it seems that hotel personnel never heard about that before and they are not able to change it to the synthetic ones. Besides that, the rooms are dark and awfully designed. Hotel is not worth for the 4 stars rating, never come back here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Egle_NC
Dear Guest,
sorry for the delay of my reply, I would like to thank you about your comments.
I am sorry that you had problems caused to your allergy, unfortunately we don't have any syntetic duvet, only with feather. Do you wrote about your allergy during your reservation? Please let me know, in order to be able to put in place wright measure to avoid that episode like this will happened again.
Always at your disposal.
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I love Mercure hotels because they are a perfect mid-range options. Having to stay in Bergamo, I chose the Palazzo Dolci, because the photo looked great. And great it was indeed: a beautiful historic building in the city centre. Inside, however, things were slightly disappointing: all very average, from the reception, to the breakfast, to the room and the bathroom. What a pity, a little more attention to details could make it a prefect choice.

Room Tip: I stayed at the back and it was quiet: the view, however, was on a car park.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lucio F
Dear Guest,
I apologize for the delay of my reply and I would like to thank you for your comments.
Your opinion is very important and your suggestion very precious to help us improving our quality of service.
Thank you again for your suggestion, we are always at your disposal.
Looking forward on welcoming you.
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Front desk not very knowledgeable. But then the tourist info center wasn't great either. We stayed a week and ran out of things to see. Took bus and train to several others sites. Quite near both train and bus station. Pkg. deal so I don't know how good value it was. Nice bath and shower. All very clean. Bed comfortable. Breakfast was ok. Not much hot food. Oatmeal would have been nice.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Suecathrynpow
Dear Guest,
thank you for your comments regarding your stay.
your opionion is very important and push us to continue working to always improve our quality of service.
Looking forward on welcoming you again.
Torino
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Everything as expected. The room was nice and the personnel really efficient and nice. Just a little problem with the electronic key of my room but the personnel solved quickly. Next time I'll go to Bergamo I'll stay at Mercure Hotel again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Guest,
sorry for the delay of my reply, I would like to thank you about your comments regarding your stay in Mercure Bergamo Palazzo Dolci.
You opinion is very important to us and will let us know that we are doing well and keep improving the quality of our services.
Looking forward on welcoming you again.