See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I stayed at the San Giorgio for one night on a business trip, booked by an Italian colleague for convenience. Basically the hotel is not up standard. The room was like a cell, very small with poor lighting and very little light from the window, lots of orange and brown painted walls, no air conditioning just a noisy ceiling fan. Bed was clean, but the bathroom was decorated like a public toilet, very poor decor with painted tiles and a shower cubicle dating back to the 70's, in fact all of the hotel looks like it is stuck in the 70's, the wifi being the only indication of any modern upgrades. The location is not the best, and lots of dodgy characters around the street by the hotel including a few "ladies of the night".
The breakfast was very poor, with a poor selection and the worst cappucino I have ever tasted in Italy. I could go on and on, thankfully I only stayed here one night and did not stay in the room except to sleep. I would not recommend. Fortunately I was on my own on business and able to tolerate this for one night, if I had been staying with my wife I know she would have been out of there and finding another hotel within minutes. I hope this helps other travellers.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank redall0vertheland
Reviewed 3 August 2013

stayed here ( thankfully for only one night) recently. made 2 requests when booking- that the room be non smoking and in a quiet position. the former was acceded to, however we were so close to the train line i could comfortably observe passengers as they passed in the carraiges, that said however,the noise of the trains was drowned out by the incessant scream of high powered motorbikes dropping a gear as they prepared for the bend immediately outside the window, which had to be left open owing to the stifling heat.
san giorgio was chosen for convenience of location and low price, but to be honest any savings were negated by money spent on drinks and gelato as we desperately sought to avoid the inevitable return to our cell, sorry.sweatbox, sorry.room.:-)
staff were pleasant online and in person, and the manager recommended a fine restaurant approx 200m directly in front of the hotel- called, i think , borgo. this was modestly priced but lovely and was the only redeeming experience of our stay in the san giorgio- note,the lobby is not representative of the rest of the hotel which is shabby and badly in need of paint.

Room tip: stay elsewhere
Date of stay: July 2013
4  Thank oscar3363
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We stayed in this hotel for a few night. Room is very but very simply and noisy from the road. Breakfast was good but not for the money what we spend for the room. I didnt like it much and im not sure if i want to come there once again.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank dudko41
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We stayed here for one night with my family and parents. Hotel San Giorgio is situated in a good location near the railway station and public transport to Citta Alta (Old town). The staff was friendly and spoke several languages.
Hotel was basicly clean but stale and old fashioned. The wifi was working most of the time. The price was way too high for the level of accommodation. You can find better value for your money in Bergamo, but we did not have much choise as we needed a family room.The staff would hold your passport for ransom till you pay.
The breakfast was a real letdown. No vegetables or fruits of any kind, no fresh bread. Just dry wheat in various forms. Butter cheese, ham and eggs though. No real fruit in the juice. Coffee was OK.

Date of stay: June 2013
1  Thank Jussi_69
Reviewed 12 April 2013

We stayed at the San Giorgio between Wednesday 3rd April and Sunday 7th April. We were given rooms on ground floor level and the rooms were very spacious and clean. Bathrooms too were very spacious - much more than the usual bathrooms in Italian hotels. The Breakfast is served on the third floor and the ambience is very pleasant. Notwithstanding the cold weather, we were rather cosy. The selection is very good with a ham and cheeses available. It is not restricted solely to sweets and this is an added plus. Anita and Gualtiero are both very nice and helpful and did their best to welcome us to the hotel and make us feel at ease! Will certainly be back.

Room tip: Ask for rooms which are not on the side of the railway station, though all windows are soundproof and there is very little noise.
Date of stay: April 2013