“Great guide!”

New Brighton, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great guide!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My wife and I traveled for the first time to Bergamo in June of 2014. Sarah is excellent in every way. She was very kind and helpful in making suggestions before we arrived and during our visit to make sure we saw what we wanted to see. She helped us with transportation and her knowledge of the area and opening times allowed us to see many beautiful sights we would never have seen without her help. We both strongly recommend Sarah to anyone visiting the Bergamo area. We have worked with other guides in Italy and Sarah is one of the very best.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Amede0

Irvine, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The hidden gem that is Bergamo”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I've traveled to Italy about 5 times and not once did I hear about this town. My wife recommended this place as a day trip so I went along with it. There is so much history in Bergamo, more than I ever thought was possible for a small town. Of course I wouldn't have known any of this if it wasn't for Sara.

Sara is one of the most passionate guides I've ever come across. She's knowledgeable, friendly, but above all else, she loves what she does and is truly passionate about the towns history. I'd consider myself lucky to have a tour guide having 2 of these 3 qualities but Sara is the whole package.

I'm really glad to have discovered this place and even happier to have Sara by me to make sense of it all!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank mcalso
Bronx, New York
230 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 251 helpful votes
“Discover the treasures of Bergamo with the extraordinary tour guide Ms. Sara Cologni”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

After the hustle and bustle of Milan, a tour of the small towns outside of the City served as a welcome relief.

Bergamo was just what the doctor ordered ! The air was clean and the streets were not congested. The old town was very inviting as there were many small streets rich with history. It was very easy to navigate the cobblestone streets filled with many shops and restaurants. However, you need a great guide to bring to life

the rich history and culture of Bergamo. As a very experienced world traveler, I have met many tour guides,

none as outstanding as the one we had in Bergamo. We were truly fortunate to have had the most professional, friendly and enthusiastic guide Ms. Sara Cologni lead our tour. First of all, she was truly excited about sharing with us so many new and interesting things about this wonderful medieval town. Bergamo became alive with her colorful and detailed descriptions. We were walking through history. She was very concerned with all members of the group and our safety. She reminded us to be careful when we were walking around the town. She adjusted the pace of the tour to accommodate the older members of our group. She was very patient and gladly answered all questioned posed by the group. She was a wealth of information. We saw so much and learned so much of the rich history of Bergamo. We visited the Chapel of Bergamo, the Bascilia of Santa Maria Maggiore (1137), Mausoleum of Bartollemeo Colleoni, Piazza Vecchia, Cathedral of St. Alessando and a few additional churches. Her knowledge of the town and its history was incredible. We had so much fun wandering around the historic town and had many opportunities to take photos. As we neared the end of our tour, we wanted to stay for another day thanks to the outstanding presentation of our exceptional tour guide. Without a doubt, Ms. Cologni was the BEST guide I have had in over 30 years of traveling. Visiting Bergamo is a MUST with Ms. Cologni. Bergamo is well worth spending at least a week visiting the wonderful medieval town as there is so much to see and do. It is a great place to relax and get away from the pushy and rude crowds found in Milan.

Visited October 2013