“Good pizza nice ambiance”
Review of Damimo

Damimo
Ranked #28 of 660 Restaurants in Bergamo
Price range: US$18 - US$71
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“Good pizza nice ambiance”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Great pizza in a beautiful city. We were 7 people with no reservation on a weeknight. We managed to get a table right away. They serve you a nice Spumante to start and then take your order. We all had pizza and they were ready in no time. Great selection. Pizza was great. The decor in this restaurant was very nice and fitting for the location. Really enjoyed it!

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
“A secret garden”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We have come to Bergamo for the day and wanted somewhere to eat with our two young girls. Whilst walking up the street I am reading trip advisor and came in here! There was no table free so we were told we could go and have a drink in their cafe across the street and our table would be 30 mins. Within 5 mins he has come and said there is a table now if we want to come or we can still stay for a drink! We go and our led through the restaurant to a lovely garden! What a suprise! The waiter was very attentive and asked if we would want it in English or Italian! We were served prosecco and then lovely food which our girls of 4 and 7 thoroughly enjoyed. Cannot fault it! Thank u trip advisor!

Prague, Czech Republic
“Oh how we wanted to like this restaurant...”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We had reservations - and we were very glad we did. The place was packed. The waiters were charming and friendly, although after we started with our meal, they were mostly absent. It seems like there were not enough staff for the high number of customers. We ordered pasta for starters. Mine was drenched in gargonzola, which I hate. It was not what was on the menu. I figured I misordered. For the main I ordered fish in sea salt. When it arrived, it was cooked with fennel, which I hate even more than gargonzola. So, my partner and I switched dishes. I had his steak, which was very dry, even though he had asked for medium rare. The vegetables were undercooked. We waited a long time to be asked if we wanted dessert. We asked to see the menu just to make sure that I hadn't mistakenly ordered something that I didn't like, but at least on the English menu, there was not indication of either gargonzola or fennel. We didn't risk dessert. In spite of its reputation and the lovely welcome, we would not go back.

1 Thank jcrane66
Ontario, Canada
“Seafood Spagetti”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Our first night in Bergamo we ate at Da Mimmo. My husband's business associate recommended the restaurant and we all enjoyed our dinners. The menu had English subtitles and the gentleman who took our order spoke English so we did well as far as what the dishes were. Unfortunately our Italian is very limited so we looked for restaurants that had menu translations. My husband had a mixed seafood plate that he enjoyed and my daughter had pizza. I had seafood spaghetti that night and several more times at different restaurants in Italy and this was the absolute best. Everyone was friendly and the prices were reasonable.

• Visited July 2014
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Bad experience”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Yes, it was a bad experience for me, because the waiter service was bad, they did not understand English, Spanish. The service was very slow and the "polenta" typical dish was burnt..., and when we asked to the supervisor (a man with a table in his hand), he was very rude, he did not accept any responsibilities. As conclusion, the worse was the attitude for the lack of respect and they did not show any apologies to the customer.

• Visited July 2014