“Quaint, Clean, and Quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Hamacas

Hotel Hamacas
Ranked #2 of 2 San Jorge B&B and Inns
Central America
“Quaint, Clean, and Quiet”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Basic, but clean, rooms. Colorful , garden-like setting. Large open air area for breakfast or hanging out in the evening. Small tienda just across the street. A bit removed from the hustle and noise closer to the port area.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here before making the crossing to Isla de Ometepe. Rooms are very basic and clean. If I was to plan my trip again I would try to make the crossing the same day and not stay until the next morning.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Tilaran
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stayed here for one night because I was new to the area and it was recommended by a Nica friend from Rivas. The room I stayed in was small and cell like. The bathroom was funky and the dribble of water might be used to get wet under. This was not a modern or attractive room. I saw many cars in the parking lot but not because they were staying in the hotel but because they went to Ometepe on foot leaving the cars to be guarded in the hotel lot. But what really got me was the included breakfast. Inedible. Fruit that was dried out and contained the flavors of the frig they spent the night in. Gallo pinto so hard I thought the beans were rocks. Now to be fair maybe that same morning there was about 25 people from an NGO breakfasting early so they could get on their way. Just a few feet from the sand and on the weekends a noisy party beach.

Room Tip: I only saw one room but from other reviews there must be some better rooms. Try and see several room...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank MountainMonkeyKing
Reviewed 22 July 2013

The area near the ferry was kind of trashy. But this little hotel tucked behind the trees nearby is well kept. The owners have paid attention to detail. Art and antiques make this a quaint hideaway. The grounds are neat and clean. I stayed San Jorge for a night only to view Ometepe because I've run out of time. The hotel is not on the beach but super close. i can hear the crashing waves. The beach is large but not very clean. The view is lovely though.
I've been in Nica for six weeks. The huevos rancheros I had this morning were the best yet. This is a sweet place.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Chizwuzhere
Granada, Nicaragua
Reviewed 15 June 2013

My best friend and I stayed at Hotel Hamacas 'cause we were planning to get the earlier ferry to Ometepe. It was a great decision! the hotel is very net, comfy beds and even a/c. The front desk guy was very helpful and so were the kitchen ladies. I think it's a perfect choice if you want to travel early in the morning to Ometepe or coming late back from the island.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mikenica
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 21 December 2012

This was a hard decision to make in a strange town. The bus dropped us in Rivas. Taxi cab drivers swarmed us, it was a hairy moment there for a minute.

We stayed at Hotel Hamacas, the most inexpensive hotel of our trip. We agreed (reluctantly) to let a local drive us there from Rivas in his very large SUV - we paid him and he even stopped to say hello to the local police and brag that he was carrying Americans in his car. It was crazy, but we made it.

The hotel is actually fine. The area surrounding is impoverished and walking to dinner you may feel a bit out of place. The "hotel" is set up like a long motel, all bright paint and hammocks. Rooms are basic but contain everything you need including A/C (separate rate I believe) and TV. Breakfast is freshly prepared for you and filling enough to get you going on that ferry to Ometepe.

Hotel Hamacas is just a short walk to the Ometepe ferry and a few restaurants directly on Lake Nicaragua.

Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank sound_and_visionary
Texas City, Texas
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My boyfriend and I traveled to Rivas and stayed at Hotel Hamacas. We were extremely pleased with everything about the B&B. The hosts, Coral and Romel, were so kind and helpful with recommendations on things to do and restaurants in the area. Our room was beautiful and very clean. The hotel has a perfect location going to/from Ometepe Island, Secured parking and wifi. We would definitely recommend this hotel and we will be back to visit on our next trip to Rivas.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
#6 of 9 in Rivas
Hotel Dalinky
Hotel Dalinky
#3 of 9 in Rivas

Been to Hotel Hamacas? Share your experiences!