Hotel Hamacas
TripAdvisor
All reviewsometepe islandclean roomsferryhamacsomateperonelhammocksreceptionistaccommodation
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Basic, but clean, rooms. Colorful , garden-like setting. Large open air area for breakfast or hanging out in the evening. Small tienda just across the street. A bit removed from the hustle and noise closer to the port area.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We stayed here before making the crossing to Isla de Ometepe. Rooms are very basic and clean. If I was to plan my trip again I would try to make the crossing the same day and not stay until the next morning.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stayed here for one night because I was new to the area and it was recommended by a Nica friend from Rivas. The room I stayed in was small and cell like. The bathroom was funky and the dribble of water might be used to get wet under. This was not a modern or attractive room. I saw many cars in the parking lot but not because they were staying in the hotel but because they went to Ometepe on foot leaving the cars to be guarded in the hotel lot. But what really got me was the included breakfast. Inedible. Fruit that was dried out and contained the flavors of the frig they spent the night in. Gallo pinto so hard I thought the beans were rocks. Now to be fair maybe that same morning there was about 25 people from an NGO breakfasting early so they could get on their way. Just a few feet from the sand and on the weekends a noisy party beach.

Room Tip: I only saw one room but from other reviews there must be some better rooms. Try and see several rooms before deciding.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank MountainMonkeyKing
Reviewed 22 July 2013

The area near the ferry was kind of trashy. But this little hotel tucked behind the trees nearby is well kept. The owners have paid attention to detail. Art and antiques make this a quaint hideaway. The grounds are neat and clean. I stayed San Jorge for a night only to view Ometepe because I've run out of time. The hotel is not on the beach but super close. i can hear the crashing waves. The beach is large but not very clean. The view is lovely though.
I've been in Nica for six weeks. The huevos rancheros I had this morning were the best yet. This is a sweet place.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Chizwuzhere
Reviewed 15 June 2013

My best friend and I stayed at Hotel Hamacas 'cause we were planning to get the earlier ferry to Ometepe. It was a great decision! the hotel is very net, comfy beds and even a/c. The front desk guy was very helpful and so were the kitchen ladies. I think it's a perfect choice if you want to travel early in the morning to Ometepe or coming late back from the island.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends