“Overated! Fed me fish even after they promised it wouldn't be in the dish!?”

Ristorante Terrazza Barchetta
Ranked #6 of 68 Restaurants in Bellagio
Price range: US$53 - US$112
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Seasonal opening from April till the end of October. Local and Mediterranean Kitchen; Lake and Sea Fish Specials. Please note: Terrazza Barchetta Restaurant is located on the upper floor of the building, not to be confused with Ristoro Forma e Gusto - Pizza & Restaurant at the ground floor: same property but different Kitchen, Menu, Staff and more informal, suitable for Children.
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Typical, obvious large menu, overpriced. Staff were friendly. I ordered a pasta dish but explained that I couldn't eat anchovies. I had a laugh with the waiter about it and he promised they wouldn't be in the dish. When the dish arrived he placed it in front of me and I laughed and said no anchovies and he repeated back to me mo anchovies! low and behold as I mixed the pasta dish they were all at the bottom, I honestly think he picked them off the top!?

Honestly there are better places to eat.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

They have a set meal for 18 Euro for lunch and we went for the Lake Como fish. Delicious! Restaurant is easy to find in street Salita Mella in Bellagio. As you get off the ferry, walk straight ahead and you will find this street. It's about 60m up the steps.

2  Thank Paul A
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We enjoyed a wonderful dinner on the upstairs terrace of La Barchetta. I recommend it highly. Reservations strongly recommended. Also, this is not an inexpensive restaurant. Be prepared!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We sat down in the restaurant below terrazza barchetta and were greeted with an eye rolling disinterested waiter who put us off eating there ( the pizzas looked soggy and unappealing as well) so we left and went to terrazza barchetta, which had a lovely terrace and potted flowers along the edges. Lovely atmosphere.

The wine list was reasonably priced ( got a bottle for 31) and the staff were wonderful. ( it's the kind of place where the owner comes out to shake your hand).

The food: we shared a fish sampler that was very fun- and beautifully presented.

I had a tortellini of fish with a white sauce seasoned with cinammon - and it was excellent. I like to order strange dishes and half the time it pays; this was one of those times.

But best of all: the dessert menu had sabayone ( zabaglione). It is not the same as the zabaglione form the seattle institution 21 Coins (Where my loive affair with it started); it was a thick, citrusy foam that my partner wasn't too keen on but I spentthe whole time making rude noises with every bite.

Highly recommend it. No view to speak of but stilk a beautiful place. We didn't rewserve and got lucky but others were turned away. A bit more pricy than other places but more varied than your standard menu as well.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We loved the setting: outside and above the main walking street. We had the veal saltinboca and the veal scaloppini, both very tasty. The lemon fantasy dessert was out of this world.