This was our second time to Bellagio. The first time we stayed at the #1 rated hotel Belvedere. A big mistake not to go back, but due to the higher rates we opted for a less expensive hotel. True the views are wonderful, but there are many, many hotels that offer the same type of view in Bellagio, with comparable pricing which are MUCH more convenient. We were told that this hotel is a "short walk" to town. NOT true! A very long and difficult walk. Boro le Terrazze is very isolated. There is nothing around and it is a 10-15 minute drive to town of Bellagio. They try to cover by saying they offer a complimentary shuttle. That was a joke. The van only drives at specific times. When we arrived in the lobby for our drop off, the van was full and we had to wait another 30 minutes until the driver returned. They told us to make a "reservation" for the van, so the next night we did and it was full again! We had to wait until they returned once again, which made us late for our dinner reservation. But more importantly, they would not budge on the pick-up time for us (after dinner) even though it was their fault for not getting us there on time. It was a nightmare. We had to wait 2 hours for a taxi- apparently there's only one in Bellagio. The taxi is 10-12 euro per one-way trip. We called the hotel and they would not come and get us. They lock their doors and don't answer phones after 9:30 PM. They say they offer free WiFi, but it doesn't work unless you use it in the lobby. Huge inconvenience. They did not have a room for my sister- an enormous error on their part. We were treated very rudely from the moment we got there, as a result of their mistake! The spa was cold and you had to pay to use it. Our train left early for our next destination but we could not even get a cup of coffee because they don't open the lobby until 8:00AM. If you go to Bellagio, do yourself the favor of staying IN the town of Bellagio! Everything is right there, including phenomenal views. This hotel was a hassle beyond belief and the people that ran it were rude and barely spoke English.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel and Residence Borgo Le Terrazze is located in Bellagio, Lake Como, on a hill which faces the Lake. Landscape is beautiful and relaxing, all rooms and apartments enjoy charming views onto Lake Como. Privacy and a quiet atmosphere come first, outdoors infinity swimming pool, indoors garage, wi fi and shuttle service to and from downtown do help to make your stay here relaxing and far from the crowds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Borgo Le Terrazze reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Borgo Le Terrazze Hotel Bellagio
- Borgo Le Terrazze Bellagio, Lake Como, Italy