This hotel was amazing. The property is family owned. The service was exceptional. It is literally nestled away in the mountains way above Lake Bellagio. I had rented a car, and drove to the hotel. The hotel does have a garage on premises for parking. The drive was beautiful, however, the mountains were very steep and the roads were extremely narrow. Sometimes there would be only room for one vehicle. Guardrails were infrequent. However, it was definitely worth it, and I would do it again. For those who are driving to Bellagio, there is an auto ferry that crosses the river, which would allow you to avoid the mountainous roads. I took it on the way out. Although it was less scenic than the mountains, it saved a tremendous amount of driving time.
The room that I had stayed in was a suite. The room was open air style - no walls, except for the bathroom, of course. It consisted of a living area, dining area, kitchenette, and sleeping quarters. The room was quite spacious. All of the rooms on the property face Lake Bellagio. I cannot begin to explain how beautiful it is to sit on your private terrace and watch the sun rise or set over this lake. It was phenomenal. The hotel also has a negative edge swimming pool; several lounging areas; and a shuttle that provides transportation to and from town.
Breakfast was included with the room. It was served in the hotel's dining room, and consisted of fresh breads, pastries, eggs, meats, cheeses, fruits, cereals, yogurts, coffee, wide assortment of teas, fruit juices, etc. It was a nice array of choices. However, for dinner and supper, you were on your own. There were many that chose to prepare their meals in their rooms. However, Bellagio has several restaurants to choose from offering a variety of foods, as well as prices.
My stay in Bellagio was so relaxing. I will definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel and Residence Borgo Le Terrazze is located in Bellagio, Lake Como, on a hill which faces the Lake. Landscape is beautiful and relaxing, all rooms and apartments enjoy charming views onto Lake Como. Privacy and a quiet atmosphere come first, outdoors infinity swimming pool, indoors garage, wi fi and shuttle service to and from downtown do help to make your stay here relaxing and far from the crowds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Borgo Le Terrazze reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Borgo Le Terrazze Hotel Bellagio
- Borgo Le Terrazze Bellagio, Lake Como, Italy