“Absolutely wonderful”
Review of Borgo Le Terrazze

Borgo Le Terrazze
Ranked #1 of 14 Bellagio B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 October 2010

We met up with our Aussie friends for a weekend with no children - what a treat we have found. This is comfortable accommodation to a fair price - such wonderful people and a million dollar view. I would go there anytime again.
Godwin family

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 October 2010

Stayed for three nights at this beautiful resort a few kilometres out of Bellagio. You can catch the shuttle bus to and from Bellagio at specified times - but not after 9 p.m. Rooms have balconies and beautiful views, but we thought there were a few design features missing in such a swish place. For example, very limited storage and cupboard space; a shower which looked great but which I felt was very slippery and there was no rubber mat to prevent one from falling. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 12 October 2010

I booked this place based on TA reviews. While staying at Lake Como I wanted a comfortable place to relax and enjoy the scenery. The hotel is right on a bus route from Como to Bellagio. The hotel also offers a shuttle into Bellagio several times a day.

When I first arrived my jaw dropped to the ground. The view of the lake is absolutely stunning from this property, moreso than from properties down in Bellagion, because it is up on the hillside. I had a room with a balcony overlooking the lake and I was mesmerized by the mountains, the lake, the trees. You can see the town of Bellagio on the right and several of the towns across the lake as well.

The room is extremely spacious by Italian standards. The shower was the first one I had seen in 3 weeks in which I could turn around without bumping into the sides. (I am a size 8 person.) Everything is very modern. The hotel is less than 2 years old according to the owner. Breakfast was standard fare. The staff was extremely nice. The only down side might be a couple of small ergonomic issues--such as there is no shelf in the shower to put your soap/shampoo. Having a luggage rack might be nice--there is plenty of room to set one up. And a hairdryer (which I had found in some other hotels along the way.) But these are small issues, as they did not interfere with my enjoyment of my stay.

The price for a room here is less than in the bigger hotels in Bellagio, because it's up the hill from town. I think the view is superior here to what you get from the lakefront hotels in town, and you don't have to put up with all that noise from the ferries docking.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 September 2010

My husband and I had a wonderful stay in Borgo Le Terrazzee which I booked based on TA recommendations and pictures. All rooms have a fabulous view of the lake and the friendly and hospitable staff made our stay extra special. We felt like we were staying with friends who could'nt do enough for us. Our room was really nicely furnished. However, there were some unsightly visible wires under the bed which perhaps the owners could relocate! We stayed 2 nights and had breakfast both mornings which was lovely. I concur with previous comments that it would be nice if the shuttle could run up to 10pm. However, we ate in Silvios restaurant one night and they provided us with a free shuttle back to the hotel at 11.30. We hope to return to Lake Como and will stay at Borgo Le Terrazze without hesitation.

Reviewed 26 September 2010

I am a seasoned traveller having travelled twice around the world on holidays in the last 3 years, with each trip lasting more than 5 weeks and 15 separate hotels. Borgo Le Terrazze turned out to be one of the best 5 hotels I have booked in the last 5 years. The basic and superior rooms are spacious, clean and all enjoy panoramic views over Lake Como and surrounding towns. The hotel is about 3klm from Bellagio central, which isn't a problem as the hotel runs cost free shuttles on a regular basis. Additionally, Silvio, the proprietor owns a restaurant half way to Bellagio, that is perched on a cliff with even better views. The food and service is excellent, and when ready to return to the hotel, they drive you back. Internet and casual lunch at the hotel are great, with most rooms having own kitchen for self catering. We stayed for 5 nights in September, which proved to be great weather, and less crowds. Have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone. PS Swimming pool to die for, but water a little cool in September.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 September 2010

Attractive modern complex, beautiful views. Spacious well presented room. Comfortable bed. Extremely badly equipped kitchen. We chose this as we wanted to self cater but the equipment was very limited. No toaster, 1 kitchen knife, 1 very small chopping board, no potato peeler, no bowls to even mix an egg in, no bowls for olives or crisps. Limited amount of crockery, limited amount of non matching glasses, no napkins. Microwave/grill but no containers in which to cook anything. 2 electric rings, even made cooking pasta and a sauce difficult as once the large pasta pan was on there was hardly room for another.
Far too expensive for the facilities available.
If you don't like dogs (we do) don't stay here. 2 very large Setters have the complete run of the place, one day even appearing in our own small garden area and then went straight into the apartment!

1  Thank iowexodus
Reviewed 17 September 2010

We just returned from a 17 night trip to Northern Italy. Borgo Le Terrazze was our first stop for 5 nights. We rented it based on the excellent reviews on TA. as well as the fact that we wanted space and a relaxing place to sit out and enjoy coffee in the morning, and wine at night.
Upon arrival, we were stunned by the spectacular view of Lake Como. The B & B is about a 10 minute drive from town, in Vergonese, which sits just West and above the town of Bellagio. We arrived by bus after traveling from Florida (obviously there were a couple of plane rides as well!)- and did not have a car rental as we planned on making use of the ferries that criss cross the lake.

Our studio superior room was great. Newly constructed, our room was spacious and clean, with a separate bedroom and a small patio, which also had an excellent view of the lake. The room came equipped with dishes, glasses and a much needed wine bottle opener! They did supply dishwashing soap, but no other essentials such as salt/ pepper or sugar. We were able to purchase some milk from their kitchen and were able to pick up other supplies in town. The common areas include a very large patio, pool and breakfast room which all look over the lake.. We did not purchase the breakfast option (it does not come standard) so i cannot comment on the quality or quantity of food.
To get into town, they run several shuttles a day and for the most part getting into town was not a problem. We did find it difficult, however, to plan our dinners around the final 9 p.m. shuttle. Bellagio is a town that eats earlier than most, however, we did feel like we were always under the gun to get back to the main square in time for the shuttle. Walking is not an option, as the roads are very narrow, and not well lit - so you would be taking your life in your hands trying to do it in the dark! One evening we went to Varenna and did not return until 10:30 and had a prearranged taxi pick us up. BUT - it was prearranged and taxi's are not plentiful, so it is not something you can rely on to get you home on the spur of the moment.
I truly did enjoy my stay at Borgo Le Terrazze and my husband and i kept saying that the view was worth the small inconvenience..... but I would only go back if i had a car to get around in. Since parking is such an issue in Bellagio I would make just one suggestion to the owners of Borgo le Terraze...... add a 10pm shuttle!!!! and i would be back in a flash!
My only other criticism would be that there is no shelves in the shower to put toiletries... just a small inconvenience.....

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank katiedblaze
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellagio
Hotel Belvedere Bellagio
Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni
Grand Hotel Tremezzo
Grand Hotel Tremezzo
#3 of 8 in Tremezzina

Been to Borgo Le Terrazze? Share your experiences!