“The Best Way to Experience Como”

Bellagio Water Limousines
Ranked #2 of 10 Tours in Bellagio
More attraction details
Owner description: Beautiful open wooden boats for lake tours and luxury transportation. English speaking drivers and organised group tours.
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Every view of Como is like a post card. But you don't truly appreciate that until you get out on the water. For someone like me, even more important is getting out in the boat with someone who, a) looks like they've captained a vessel and b) could potentially tell you more about what you're seeing than just the color of the buildings.

Enter Jennine. She's an Aussie, in Italy, so you're immediately treated to that down under charm. Secondly, she's incredibly knowledgeable about the lake, its waters, its inhabitants, and its history. For me, that was all I needed.

I asked if we could see Clooney's house -- we didn't have enough time. I said "can I see the house from Casino Royale"? She says sure. And I was set. Jennine was the best tourguide -- super informative and knowledgable -- and was able to answer all of my questions about the lake and its history. She was equal parts sweet and impressive while guiding our tour. AND, my mother in law, who gets seasick very easily, did not even look like she was going to vom once.

So definitely check this tour out when you're in Bellagio. Take the hour tour if you can -- i'm sad that we didn't.

1  Thank mattmatics

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Surprised my husband with a private lake tour of lake Como for his birthday. It was the most amazing thing you can do. Luca and his wife Jeannine are wonderful. Jennine. Changed our booking around because it was raining. We went a few hours later when the sun came out. They are both great people to work with. The 4 of us were in Luca's vintage speed boat. We felt like the rich and famous! Don't leave Bellagio without doing this..yes, it cost more than I would usually spend, But it was an experience that we will never forget...skip a fancy meal and do this instead!

2  Thank 12soup-er
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This is a must do for visitors to Bellagio, and one could wish for no better hosts than Luca and Jennine. We spent a wonderful 2 hours relaxing on Luca's beautiful mahogany boat, while having the history and stunning villas pointed out to us.Not only were they both informative about the Lake, but provided us with recommendations for wonderful restaurants during our stay. ( and what to eat there :))

1  Thank barbsk290959
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Bellagio, Lake Como is truly one of the most outstanding places on our planet. When you go there a must do is a lake tour with Bellagio Water Taxis. Jannine and Luca run an outstanding business with customer service second to none. A trip with Luca cruising the lake in one of their taxis (limousines) will be unforgettable. We did a 2.5 hour lake tour with stopover at Villa del Balbianello, I highly recommend this tour. Luca provides historically commentary along the way with additional Italian humour.

2  Thank Brontesurfer56
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Jennine and Lucca are the quintessential hosts.
This is why people travel and how best served then by the ultimate professionals . The boats that Lucca hand polishes daily are immaculate. Be prepared to be amazed. Knowledge based tours with humour and a capacity to entertain with facts are capped off with spectacular views only achieved from a speed boat cruising along the edge of a waterway, best described as the most splendid place on Earth. You can't afford to miss this adventure.
We now tell our friends travelling to Italy about this Bellagio attraction and many of them change their travel plans to include a tour with these guys.
We have the memories to last a life time. Visit Villa Balbianello on one of their tours.
Wow!