“Hotel Du Lac Bellagio-Convenient But..................”
Review of Hotel Du Lac

Hotel Du Lac
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Bellagio
Reviewed 15 May 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel du Lac for four nights. I booked this particular hotel because I have difficulty climbing steps and this was right on the lake and directly across from the ferry dock and ticket office. The hotel's location was perfect- within steps of good restaurants and lots of shops. I booked on line and when we arrived I asked if our room had a view of the lake and was told that it did not but that we could upgrade to a room with a view and a balcony and we opted to do this. Our room was quite large and had a desk and chair, two twin beds pushed together and another twin bed and a chair. The bed was fairly comfortable and we did have a good night's sleep each night. The balcony faced sideways and did have a view of the lake. It is certainly not the fault of the hotel that it rained three of the four days we were there- but unless you were out on the balcony, there was no view of anything and no other window in the room. The moral of the story is to check the room before agreeing to an upgrade.

The bathroom, while adequate, had a shower head and door that just were not compatible and flooded the bathroom each time we showered. We reported it to the front desk and were told it would be checked and if not fixed extra towels would be provided. It wasn't fixed and we did not receive extra towels.

The best way to describe the hotel is bland and in need of an update, but comfortable nonetheless.

The breakfast buffet was very good and the choices were plentiful. The breakfast room is a large room with large windows giving a beautiful view of the lake.

The staff were helpful and the cleaning staff did an excellent job.

Overall our experience was okay but a bit disappointing.

2  Thank Geonannie

Reviewed 14 May 2012

My wife and I arrived at the Du lac with a car in the pouring rain. We had not booked and only wanted a room for a couple of nights at the end of April.
Lucca on reception was so helpful and provided us with a lake facing room and a lockable garage within a short walk of the hotel.
We enjoyed our stay so much that we ended up staying for five nights and upgraded our room in order to be able to stay.
All the staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was very good. There is a variety of good eating establishments within a short walk of the hotel if you choose not to eat "in house"
I would imagine that Bellagio can be crowded to say the least in the Summer though!
Highlight of our touring holiday and so pleasant to meet people who still try!

Room Tip: Worth the extra for lake View.
2  Thank GrazzaEssex
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Wonderful stay- staff were friendly and very helpful. The staff went out of their way to ensure our stay was comfortable and enjoyable. Our room had a fabulous lake view and was very comfortable. Breakfast buffet was tasty and the view excellent. We would recommend this hotel to all our friends and family. We hope to return again.

Room Tip: ask for lake view near roof terrace
1  Thank Mary P
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I don't normally write reviews on here but i wanted to credit this hotel because for me, its not rated highly enough in the star system.
The perfect location of this in comparison to where the boats leave bellagio, in the centre of the town and in walking distance to other restaurants etc in the village is perfect!
We arrived to Milan Malpensa which was a very expensive taxi journey to Bellagio (165 euros!!) We also got one back due to comfort and the time of our flight but would recommend anyone going to get a train to Milan Central, Train to Varenna and then a boat one stop to Bellagio . The hotel is literally as you get off the boat! If you have time, this journey is the quickest (now ive been and know the area i would have done this!)

We had dinner a few nights and drinks most nights in the restaurant next door. The service here was outstanding, the waitors were particularly friendly and the food was delicious.
What i really loved about this hotel was the fact it was family run, the owner also owns a sporting club about 1km away that you get 10% discount off food in both the restaurant and the club. The son personally drove us up to the sporting club free of charge which was a special touch. I really felt welcome at this hotel!

I would definitely recommend this hotel because it is not overpriced but it has everything you need for a comfortable scale. The breakfast is a buffet style but it is fine for what you want, the rooms are comfortable, perhaps a little dated but this did not bother me in the slightest because it was clean and comfortable!

One thing i would just mention is the clock of the church near by does chime almost every hour!!

Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NMarie84
Reviewed 1 May 2012

The Hotel du Lac is a charming hotel in a stunning location right opposite the ferry terminal with beautiful views across Lake Como. Being located on the eastern shore of the Lake it gets all of the afternoon sun. The owners Graziano, Luca and staff of the hotel could not have been more friendly and helpful. They arranged the hire of a speed boat which was amazing and laid on a packed lunch for us to take with us which was delicious. We stayed for two nights with 4 friends all with our own rooms on the 2nd and 3rd Floors all of which had lake views. All were charming, spacious, well appointed, comfortable, clean and to a high standard. The sound of the water lapping on the shore in the mornings is certainly soothing and relaxing. The buffet breakfasts offered a wide variety of excellent food. A perfect start to the day. There was an excellent bar and terrace outside to enjoy drinks as the sun goes down over the mountains. I would have no hesitation in recommending this little gem in one of the most beautiful locations on Lake Como. We will definitely return to Bellagio (this is my third visit) and certainly to the Hotel du Lac.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Christopher H
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Top 3 Star Hotel in the center of Italy's lake region. The mod attentive and polite staff you will come across. Rooms were immaculate as were the bathrooms. Great buffet breakfast.

Room Tip: Get a lake view. It is worth it!
2  Thank slsSouthlake_Texas
Reviewed 15 April 2012

My first impression when checking into Hotel Du Lac was that things looked a little well worn but comfortable. My room was older style in decor and convenience but had all that I needed and it was worth the extra to have a view of the lake. What makes this a great place to stay is the impeccable location and the warmth of the staff. Every member of the staff was helpful and nothing was too much trouble. When I return I will stay at this hotel again and that's a great recommendation.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room that overlooked the lake. This could be a bit noisy in summer I think but the fer...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Jan H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellagio
Hotel Belvedere Bellagio
#2 of 6 in Varenna
Hotel La Darsena
Hotel La Darsena
#2 of 8 in Tremezzina

Been to Hotel Du Lac? Share your experiences!