“The owner ruins a perfect evening”
Review of Cava Turacciolo

Cava Turacciolo
Ranked #1 of 68 Restaurants in Bellagio
Price range: US$10 - US$31
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The CavaTuracciolo is a 18th Century cellar which has been completely restored. There is to be found a selection more of 300 labels of local and national wines which can be tasted together with selection of fishes of the lake, mixed meats and cold cuts, cheeses and pasta's plates. Our wine cellar is dedicated to a continuous conscientious quest for products which will serve to highlight the regional diversity characteristic of Italian viticulture.
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This was my second visit to this very atmospheric bar. My first visit left me feeling very positive about the place and has had me recommend it to friends visiting Bellagio, not so my second.

Rudeness is not a positive attribute for a businessman who counts on his customers' goodwill to survive but the owner of this locale appears to have cultivated it in buckets since our first visit.

No more recommendations from this quarter.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We had read about this place before we got to Bellagio so were eager to pop in an have a look. I'm pleased to say we were not disappointed at all. We did an afternoon wine tasting of three local red wines with a platter on local meats and cheeses served with local honey. Yes it was as good as it sounds, if not better. The place is family run and they couldn't be more welcoming. We popped back every day of our stay for a drink in the evening. A must if your staying in Bellagio.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I was in Bellagio for my fortieth birthday with a friend and decided to dine here on the celebration night.
I was charmed by the cosy feel of the wine bar and we were offered a table by the door.

As my friend didn't have much knowledge of Italian wine I happily ordered a bottle from Montepulciano.
Now I have a decent grasp of Italian and find generally that it's very well received, however the owner of this establishment would only reply to me in English and he then made a marked point of asking my (also male) friend to taste the wine -which I found very rude.
The selection of meats and cheeses were perfectly tasty (though I could easily buy a comparable selection at my local Waitrose) however the accompanying bread was somewhat dry.
Upon asking the owner "il burro per favore" (the butter please) I was met with: "why?"
When I explained that I wanted to use it on the bread he started to rant that the cured meats and cheeses contained sufficient oil.
Being British I of course thanked him for educating us before asking my mate to ask him for some olive oil instead!
Not wanting to receive more of the same he unsurprisingly declined and we descended into fits of laughter. We were laughing at the owner - and he knew it.
This man is so rude it's funny but he still does not deserve your custom...

2  Thank monkeychap
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The ladies here could've have bee nicer to us. They had a table waiting for us and glasses ready for our wine tasting and light lunch. I had Capresse Salad and my husband had Parma Ham and Buffalo cheese. Everything was tasty and fresh. We tried 2 different local wines each and appreciated the full descriptions provided.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We decided to head here as the weather had turned and it was just back from the main street, about 30 seconds walk from our hotel. This place is rustic, charming and has an artisan feel as soon as you get near it. Stone walls, homenade produce, wine racks, mood lighting, all creating a wonderful environment to enjoy a lazy afternoon. We ordered a bottle of prosecco and a meat and cheese sharing plate for two. Both were lovely. We hardly scratched the surface of what was on offer, but the owner was attentive and a couple next to us had a wine taster menu and he was very helpful with the description of the wines. A must visit if you are a foodie or wine buff....