“Tasty gelato but nothing special about it”

Gelateria del Borgo
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Bellagio
Description: Best gelato
Description: Best gelato
Hong Kong, China
“Tasty gelato but nothing special about it”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

My fiancé and I went to this place to try out "the best gelato in Bellagio" as some of the reviewers said - some even said it's the best in Italy! When we arrived there, the little gelato shop was packed with people and it had a great vibe. They gave us a big scoop of gelato and they melted quickly and were dripping to our hands so we had to eat them quickly. The gelatos were tasty, however they were not as special as we imagined. There was nothing that really stood out to make it the best gelato in Bellagio we must say!

• Visited September 2013

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
“THE best gelato in Italy!”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Gelato. One of the most popular foods in Italy, and the one thing everyone looks forward to apart from pizza and pasta. My quest to find the best gelato in Italy ended here. After trying countless cones of gelato, this was definitely the stand out. Yes, it might have only been vanilla gelato, but I have never eaten gelato quicker than this. The texture, flavour and taste were perfect, flawless, even heavenly to get descriptive. Totally worth the trip to Bellagio

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Ekaterinaaaa
Sydney
“Give me more!”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Firstly, let me disclaim this review by stating I did not try any other gelatarias in Bellagio. After a recommendation from the owner of the apartment we were staying to try this place, there was no need to gamble on eating ice cream anywhere else.

I in no way feel like we missed out. This gelato was divine and up there with the best I've eaten.

The pistacio was fantastic and had the right amount of tang and sweetness. The lemon sorbet was delicious and full of flavour. My wife very much enjoyed the 3 different chocolate flavours that were available over the 3 days we we were in town.

The staff were friendly and helpful, and had a vested interested in helping you enjoy your experience with them. This seemed like a family owned and operated business.

Would I go again - ? Right now if I could =) yum

• Visited September 2013
Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
“The best Gelatos”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I highly recommend dis place. A small shop but heavenly Gelatos, the best we ever had. Not only fresh but with varied flavors. You just can't have one,

• Visited July 2013
Milan, Italy
“Among the best I've ever had”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I've lived in Italy for a while and have tried a LOT of gelaterias. This one, that I entered because I was bored rather than actually wanting ice cream, was easily among the best gelaterias I've been to. I ended up going back again the same evening with my uncle (he loved it too!). Tried 4 flavours in all- 2 chocolate variations, and 2 nuts (pistachio and hazelnut I think), and all were delicious. Creamy, decadent and did not leave that sticky mouthfeel that some creamy gelatos do.

• Visited October 2013