“Incredibly disappointed” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Florence

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bellagio
Hotel Florence
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Bellagio
Florence, Italy
“Incredibly disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

I've never been so disappointed in a hotel in my life. I had so looked forward to staying in this hotel-- until we checked in. I know folks have raved about the staff and the family that owns the hotel. We clearly did not have a staff or family member who cared about our stay. She seemed to be trying to be nice but just couldn't get there. Then we were shown to our room, which does have a lovely view of the lake and mountains. However the room makes me think that the hotel is struggling to stay open. The room is ok but the furnishings are chintzy. The chairs are so extremely uncomfortable that we had to laugh about their possible origins. The best thing I can say about the room is that the bathroom is almost ok. It would be ok if it had an actual shower and not a hand held nozzle. What was worse was that when I opened the notebook provided about the hotel about the details of the hotel the first thing to hit me in the eye was a list of what it would cost if we got a spot on a pillow or chair or tablecloth. That was less than a warm welcome. However. The icing on the cake was the waiter at the hotel restaurant who was so rude we walked out. In short , I would never stay at this hotel, dine at its restaurant, nor would I recommend it to friends.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Virginia G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

I'm undecided about how I feel about Hotel Florence. The location is perfect, you step off the ferry and you've arrived, the hotel has wonderful charm, the staff are friendly and helpful but our sleep quality wasn't great. I'm a deep sleeper but in the mornings you can hear everything from other guests conversations to the cleaners and their hoovers and the clock chimes.

We ate lunch at the hotel's outdoor lakeside terrace and found the service sloppy and food average, but then it has the lovely surroundings on its side.

I'd say Bellagio itself is a best for a day trip/short break, we stayed for 6 nights and it felt way too long, thank goodness we had a wedding, some post wedding parties to keep us entertained in the evenings :)

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank travelinthemix
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Family owned, charming, "home away from home" feel. We had a lake view balcony. Very clean. Hand held shower. Excellent staff who truly cares about your experience. From the owner to the long tenured staff, we had a tremendous experience.

Chevy Chase, MD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

This was my third time at the Hotel Florence, which says something! As to my most recent stay, I want especially to praise the breakfast provided and Georgia's welcoming presence and efficient service. We enjoyed the variety on the buffet table and the excellent coffee.
Now to our rooms. I made reservations in November 2013 for a special birthday trip for my sisters in June 2014 and was told that only a smaller room than the ones I have had in the past was available. I gambled that at least one larger room would come available for the birthday girl in the seven months before we planned to travel and emailed several times to ask for an improvement. One never did come available to us, even though I heard another party request the reception desk for room reassignment and receive it. The sister with the birthday was assigned a room without a shower and with a tub so deep and steep that she was unable to use it. All four of us shared one shower. My conclusion: if a larger lakefront room is not available at Hotel Florence, I'll go to another hotel. I just wish I had for this trip.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
West Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed in a lake view room with balcony, well worth the extra euros . Hotel staff are excellent Thank you Timmy , Paola for your help and suggestions. Thank you Giorgio for making our breakfast do pleasurable each day

Room Tip: Choose the lake view rooms
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Location
Beaumaris, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is a great location and a very quaint hotel. The staff are excellent, but the breakfast is somewhat limited. What was disappointing were the bathrooms ( we were in two rooms after a room change) nowhere to put your toilet bags, no towel rails, a hand held shower in the bath with no shower screen. No tea and coffee making facilities which for the price is a big short coming. In another location this hotel would struggle. You would be very brave to bringa car here.

Room Tip: Don't pay the extra for the shared balcony.
      Location
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Linton3193
Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Drive off the car ferry in Bellagio, Italy and you are immediately taken back to a simpler time. The Hotel at the end of the street, Hotel Florence is a wonderful, family owned place with a fabulous view of daily life in this picturesque town. Our third visit was as memorable as the first two. We had a spacious room with a wrap around terrace and well appointed bathroom. While we didn't get room #1, our favorite, with it's claw-footed tub our new room was just as great. The staff, led by family members was very attentive and even provided us with a welcome back bouquet of fresh flowers.
Breakfast in the beautiful dining room was as we remembered it, fantastic!
You must have dinner one night at the hotel restaurant. The vine covered terrace has a romantic view of the lake and with the Alps as a backdrop, life in this corner of the wold could not be better.

Room Tip: Try to get a front facing room with terrace and lake views.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple