“Like staying in a painting”

Hotel Belvedere Bellagio
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Bellagio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Have just returned from our fourth visit in six years to this delightful hotel, and have already booked again for next year. What more can one say? The hotel seems to get better each year, with a new reading room and (small) gym. The staff are amazing, and if you stay for more than a couple of days you quickly feel you are part of the Belvedere family over which presides the omnipresent Tiziana, whose family have owned and run the hotel for four generations.

We stayed in a terrace room where the views of the lake are sensational, and if the rooms themselves are a little on the small side, who cares with the lovely terrace? The food is great, and I say this having tried most of the other restaurants in Bellagio over the years, and always coming back to the view from the Belvedere terrace, the fabulous homemade pasta and the attentions of the excellent Alberto.

The location is perfect, far enough from the town to be quiet, close enough to stroll for the evening gelato. We feel sorry for those who simply stay a night and move on. Bring a stack of books and enjoy the pool.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LondonTravellingDeb

Reviewed 3 September 2011

If you want a lovely family run hotel with friendly staff then Hotel Belverdere is for you. We were joined by our family on the first week and they were very impressed with the standard of the hotel.Waiting staff,pool staff ,reception staff all work so very hard. Our rooms were spotless and the views of the lake excellent as was the food in the restaurant. The owner and manager are always on site and happy to help with any queries you have.

Room Tip: Ask for a Superior Lake View room
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2011

We paid over 1300 euros for 3 nights in a suite and thought it was overpriced. The room was pleasant but nothing special with lovely views and an easy walk into town. Staff were helpful but the hotel wasn't busy. Breakfast was pretty average and the so called "orange juice" had never been near an orange and it was the same everyday. To charge for wifi in this day and age is outrageous on top of the room rate. We booked many hotels based on TA reviews and have been very happy except for this one.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fudgiesfriend
Reviewed 31 August 2011

We recently stayed for 5 nights and I would highly recommend the Belvedere hotel. The rooms and the public areas of the hotel were immaculate and the Belvedere feels as if it is well cared for by the friendly and helpful staff. Its a 5 minute walk into Bellagio central but no big deal so don't be put off by this as the views and ambience more than compensate. Although its rated 3 star its a lot better than this and I would recommend highly to anyone wanting a relaxing few days without the pretensions of a 5 star choice. We also had perfect weather which always helps.

Room Tip: request a high floor lake view room
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Having to spend three nights in Bellagio for my best friend's wedding, I decided to go for the best - at least according to Trip Advisor - and I am extremely grateful to my fellow reviewers for having pointed me out towards the Belvedere hotel. My (regrettably) short stay has in fact been completely satisfactory and as I write this review I struggle to name the hotel's best feature because everything has been truly excellent: allow me to point out:
- Its position: the Belvedere overlooks the quieter south-eastern branch of Lake Como, not the busiest south-western one (the one with the ferry harbour, to be precise). Moverover, the structure is a few hundred meters away from pubs/bars/restaurants for an extremely relaxing experience;
- Its amazing staff: although I have had many more positive than negative experiences with hotel staffs, this was even better than I thought. Mind you, Bellagio is a city that lives out of tourism and no-one in the wedding party (spread all over the city) complained about this feature, but I believe that the Belvedere was truly fantastic. Although this is a big structure, reception waited for my arrival (at 0030) well beyond their normal operating times and made me feel very welcomed from the first moment. The cleaning staff was literally hovering outside my door after I woke up and had the room properly cleaned by the time I came back from breakfast. It is apparent to me that the Belvedere staff is properly trained to do its job and performs it with professionalism and enthusiasm;
- Its rooms, which are big and clean and - at least in my case - have a commanding view of the lake. Given a choice, I'd go for a third or fourth floor: the higher you go the better the view;
- Its other features, like the excellent restaurant, the swimming pool, the Spa (best sport massage of my life!), the Jacuzzi and the (albeit small) gym;
- Its price: in my opinion paying €170 or less a day for this hotel (including breakfast) is well worth the price: although most of the other structures in Bellagio are cheaper, they do not offer as much.
Was the hotel perfect according to my own personal standards? Well, almost, although there were a couple of things that I find worth mentioning:
- The strange lack of a face towel rack in the bathroom (the towel was neatly folded on a stool, but I do prefer a rack);
- The lack of Wi-Fi on the floors above the first one and the fact that Internet connection was not free - something I personally do not find acceptable in this time and age (but I can live with for a limited time).
What more can I say? After learning that around Lake Como there are wonderful hiking opportunities, I decided that I will be back - for a longer period - not just to enjoy the beauty of the place but also the hospitality of the Belvedere.

Room Tip: Obviously with a lake view - possibly on the fourth floor
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Just Having returned from a week's holiday to the hotel Belvedere we had a fantastic time the staff were excellent and catered to our every need.
The hotel was spotless and very relaxing.

Our bedroom was big and very bright with two balconys in our room could not of asked for anything else.On our last night the owner of the hotel came to talk to us with her daughter which i thought was a lovely touch so friendly.

I would also like to make special mention to Roberto, Marco and Valentina who do a fantastic job and customer service was excellant.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank YVONNE A
Reviewed 27 August 2011

The location of the Hotel is probably the best in Bellagio, very close to downtown Bellagio but at the same time on the other side of the crowded parts. It is in fact facing west in a a nice little bay, above the lovely little town of Pescallo.
The Hotel staff is very professional, we had a wonderful conversation with this italian lady called Francesca, she was probably the person in charge of staff and guest relations because her cordiality was way beyond what I usually see. She also gave us good advice on places to visit and good restaurants.
Tiziana, the owner is a lovely lady, if you get a chance to speak to her she will give you a detailed history of the hotel. The view and the cleanliness are the definitely the pluses, especially considering that is "only a 3 star hotel".
I really recommend this hotel for any kind of crowd.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank loripianoman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellagio
Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni
#2 of 16 in Bellagio
Royal Victoria
Royal Victoria
#2 of 6 in Varenna

Been to Hotel Belvedere Bellagio? Share your experiences!