“Wonderful wonderful hotel”

Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Bellagio
Madison, Wisconsin
“Wonderful wonderful hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

I stayed here for one night on a tour of Italy, and I wish I could have stayed longer! Incredibly kind and helpful staff, a really excellent restaurant, and lovely rooms. We paid a little extra to have a lake view and it was so worth it. The staff is so friendly and there is a shuttle service that goes to downtown Bellagio. Amazing views of the lake, and close to some nice gardens and a public beach. I wish I could go back! My only warning is that if you eat outside at the restaurant, you will have to deal with lots of little gnats, but that is the only problem we had.

Room Tip: Get one with a balcony! Lovely view of the lake.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tess D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Polish first
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

My husband and I have just come back from a short stay at Lake Como and I cant stop smiling! It was our first trip away without the children in 17 years and we couldn't have chosen better.Firstly, we got cheap flights into Bergamo and spent a fabulous 24 hours soaking up everything Italian in the Old City and then we used the very efficient public transport up to Bellagio and to the lovely Albergo Silvio... the guy who said it had no wow factor cant have stayed in a room on the front with a lake view as that was the best wow factor I've ever seen! The staff were fab especially the lovely ladies on reception and were happy to make phone calls or run us into town when we were too weary to walk or carry cases.The hotel is 3 star but feels really special owing to its fantastic location, lovely fish restaraurant and such friendly and efficient staff.... can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Side rooms are very pleasant but you must spend a little more and get that fantastic lake view at th...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank peter e
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

Our 4th visit here in June 2012 was as pleasant as ever. The location is stunning with great views across the lake, helped by our room with balcony on the front. The restaurant is very good with plenty of fish on offer. All staff members were warm and friendly and in particular Sabrina and Silvia on reception could not have been more helpful. The whole atmosphere is very relaxed. We shall keep coming back.
James & Marie-Claire Delaney - London UK

Room Tip: Ask for front room with balcony
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jamesdelaney1
Staffordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

We have just returned from another lovely 3 night stay at the Sylvio. My best friend first brought me here for my 30th birthday and I have since brought my husband and then the latest trip with my husband and his parents. The hotel was refurbished since my very first trip. The rooms are fairly basic, but have air conditioning and are super clean. The bathrooms are lovely and new. There is plenty of storage space and the beds were really comfortable. The outdoor shutters mean that it's nice and dark until you want to get up in the morning too - so you don't get woken up with the birds! My mother and father in law absolutely loved the fact that there were tea and coffee making facilities in the rooms too. The views from the lake view rooms are absolutely remarkable - you could never get bored of them. We didn't eat at the hotel with the exception of breakfast but lots of people said that it was lovely.

Breakfast was a little restrictive, with mainly just cereals and bread rolls/croissants and cakes.

All of the staff at the hotel are lovely though. We really like Sylvia - she is really kind and helpful. She took us into town and offered to bring us back. She also had lots of good recommendations - including walking through the villa gardens to get into town - a really beautiful walk.

The hotel has a real family feel and we really love it, it just depends if you're after luxury - in which case you'll pay at least 5 times the price of the Sylvio and if you read the reviews - it doesn't sound like it's worth it.

I think it's great value for money, lovely homely service and somewhere that we have already gone back to and will continue to do so.

Only word of caution would be that it's fairly steep to walk to the sylvio, so if you have older or disabled relatives, then you will probably want to use a taxi to get home at night. This cost us about 10 euros per trip.

Some amazing restaurants in bellagio too - I've reviewed them on here - we would really recommend them!

Room Tip: We had a lake view room with a big balcony - I'd recommend paying a little extra for the view...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank k_ratcliffe
Harrogate, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012 via mobile

Lots of positives about this hotel, room lovely and light and airy, free parking available which is not the case for a lot of hotels in bellagio, receptionist very helpful and welcoming. On the downside breakfast average and service at breakfast the first day not great, waiter not attentive at all. Located slightly outside bellagio, during the day there were some stunning gardens you could walk through (9 euros for a 3 day ticket) but they closed at night meaning you had to walk down a busyish road if you didn't want to drive. Hotel had a lido, free access, which was nearby but we didn't use it. On balance we would still have stayed here given the positives but just a bit lacking in some areas.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Bangor, Maine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

This hotel is fine, so long as you're mainly interested in enjoying the beauty of Bellagio and Lake Como (as opposed to the hotel's own amenities); and considering that this is a pretty expensive region. It also offers free (if somewhat cramped) parking, a well-regarded restaurant (which I did not try), and a very friendly English-speaking reception. But viewed just as a hotel, it does not provide very good value; my room had a balcony, but was pretty basic otherwise: bare floor, no chair (just a small stool), a small bathroom with no mirror light (which made shaving difficult), an even smaller shower with no hand-held device, no air-conditioning, wi-fi available only at the ridiculous price of 2 Euro/hour, and next to no public areas to while away the time waiting for the rain to stop. Breakfast was average, aside from an orange-pressing machine that produces truly fresh juice.
The attractive, if touristy center of Bellagio is an easy ten-minute walk away, but your choice for getting there and back is between a pleasant stroll through the lovely grounds of Villa Melzi, which costs 6 Euro per day and closes at 6:00 pm, and the the narrow, busy, sidewalk-less main road. In short, an OK hotel in a wonderful setting.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Ranke
Port Elizabeth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at Silvio's. We only had one night in the Lake Como district and after walking around in town looking for an cheaper option, we booked the trip at the hotel. Unfortunatly it was already after 6pm and the driver of the boat had already closed up shop for the day. Sylvia was fantastic, after getting him to take us on the lake, she even took us down in the hotel's car to meet him. She even went as far as fetching us when we were finished. Great service from Sylvia! I can also recommend having dinner at the hotel - great food! (but a bit pricey)

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple