Hotel Excelsior Splendide
Hotel Silvio(Bellagio)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$158
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$178/night.

US$968
US$182
US$160
Travelocity
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$183/night.

Free cancellation until 31/05
US$144
US$114
Hotel Metropole Bellagio(Bellagio)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/05
US$200
US$180
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Il Perlo Panorama(Bellagio)(Great Value!)
US$131
Hotel Website
All reviewslake comoa lake view roomhalf boardhigh ceilingscar ferryexcellent locationtriple roomcroissantsold worldbeautiful viewsmall balconysalahferrieslakesideshuttersboatvarenna
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I visited with my girlfriend last September.
We took the train from Milan and then the ferry boat from Varenna.
Easy walking distance we had it all: ferry boat dock, shops with silk and leather items, Villa Melzi and aperitivo.
The property is well kept and has his own style (liberty).
Our room was at the first floor with a good view on the lake. Simple but clean. Staff has been always very accommodating and friendly, still very efficient. Great food and drinks forced us to jog some more to compensate but worth it! Good value for money. We will be back!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank PatriziaBesio
Reviewed 12 December 2013

This hotel is so well located, once you get off the ferry you won't have to even walk more than 400ft. this is right there on the main street where most of the activities take place. Very near to the market, shore and hotels.... 5/5 for the location

we stayed here for 2 nights and the experience was nice. Decent size rooms. Our room was not facing the lake so no view to talk about. The breakfast in the morning was standard but good.

Pricewise, it was slightly above average but not a huge concern. Ask for a room facing lake.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing lake.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank RelaxedVoyager
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I stayed for two nights at the hotel and I really liked the time I spent there. The hotel is not perfect, but it gave me what I wanted and what I felt was fair. Location, building, facilities and service were all great, but the standard of rooms and breakfast could be much improved. Since distances in Bellagio are more or less non-existent, it is hard to have a bad location but this hotel is probably one of the better located ones anyway. The location is right next to the water, “center”, ferry terminal and parking. The building itself is magnificent and when you are walking in the lobby, stairways and hallways you feel that it is a really ancient and classy building.

That impression could not necessarily transpire to the rooms themselves, which have old furniture and could use a renovation. The rooms are clean and absolutely not bad – just not as nice as they could have been given the setting. The facilities with pool and sunbeds on the hotel area are very much appreciated on hot summer days. The environment makes it very cozy with “islands” of sunbeds which give you privacy.

The service of the hotel was in general good and the staff we met were all friendly and helpful. The breakfast could have been better. It was towards the cheap end of the spectrum, but it was still OK.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view towards the lake are recommended!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SwedishTravelPro
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights. We had a room overlooking the back of the hotel & the skylights to the kitchen. The room was average. We had purchased a package with breakfast & dinner included which I wouldn't recommend. I have never had muesli for breakfast with chocolate pieces in very strange. The rest of the food was nothing special. Dinner you had to sit at the same table every night & be there at the same time every night. You had to select from 2 choices for each course. If you chose fruit for desert you were given a banana or orange. Not very exciting. I would have preferred to try the local restaurants as there are many to choose from than have dinner at the Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank janet n
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The only good thing about this hotel is its location on the lakeside near the ferry stop. I cannot reccommend staying here as a single traveller. Having paid extra to occupy a double room I was allocated a grotty room (Room 15) overlooking the kitchen skylights and the staff quarters. It was very gloomy as half of the window had been bricked up for a fire escape on the other side. The only way to get privacy from the staff smoking on the steps opposite was to wind down the metal shutters as there were no curtains. This made the room hot and stuffy, but I had to ask at reception every time I wanted to have it on. My sheets had holes in them. I asked to be moved, but the receptionist said the hotel was fully booked for the week, even though I overheard her telling people during the following days that there were rooms available.
Tables in the dining room are allocated for your stay and again the staff were not very helpful - just because I was on my own did not mean I wanted to sit by the door. Supper had to be ordered the night before!! I thought you only did this in NHS hospitals!! If you got there more than half an hour after the dining room opened many of the dishes for the first course buffet were empty. It was like eating in a school canteen.
Lake Como is great and Bellagio is one of the nicest places on the lake. I would not go back to the Splendide and I would not book a holiday through Inghams again as they don't seem to think that there is anything wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo