“The owner must have something wrong with him.”
Review of Rolando

Ranked #8 of 13 Shopping in Bellagio
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“The owner must have something wrong with him.”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

If I could give zero stars I would. My husband and I were vacationing in Italy. We were in this store which has many beautiful shoes. I did not see the sign that says do not touch and was rudely scolded by the man who seemed like the owner. I left quickly as I did not mean to offend anyone. I noticed down the street the man was following me. I kept walking and he kept following me. When I asked why he was following me he flipped me off and screamed at me saying I didn't belong in Italy and to stay away from his store! I have never been treated in such a way. I would definitely recommend to stay away from this store.

Visited September 2013
6 Thank K C

Singapore, Singapore
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Very nice shoes”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We wandered into this shop by chance during our visit to Bellagio. Some of the shoes on display looked really nice and fairly priced. While browsing in the shop we noticed quite a selection of Ferragamo shoes but also some carrying the shops own brand - Rolando. The leather quality and finishes if anything were just as good but at a significantly lower price. The owner then told us his grandfather founded the shop and they design and make the shoes in their own factory. He promised us we will fondly remember his family name with this very comfortable and stylish pair of shoes for years to come. These were some of the most comfortable loafers I had but at half the price we paid for in Tods. Our only regret is not buying a few extra pairs. When I did my research back home in Tripadvisor, I was shocked to learn of the disappointing review by other travellers. I guess it must have been a one off. We certainly had a good chat with the owner, took some photos together and made to feel very welcome.

Visited July 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Save your shopping time and money for another stop”
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Had same experience with same man. There is an overall issue in this town. This was our second trip to Bellagio. I remembered that they (merchants) are very perticular about your presence in their shop. And yes, they act as if you are an intruder. I never touch anything and was scolded for pointing in a jewelry shop. I saved all of my shopping for the next town. Would not spend a cent in any shop this crazy town. On the flip side, stunning views, restaurant and hotel staff very friendly and accomidating. Save your money for someone who is courteous and appreciates your business.

Visited October 2013
5 Thank CCieri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Pretty Womaned ! Horrible”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

After window shopping and prepping to spend some euro's we started to walk into the store, only to be confronted by what we assume to be the owner. He proceeded to tell us that everything was in the window & we could shop from there. After reading the other reviews now I know why! I'm happy to spend my money elsewhere and would suggest others do the same -he deserves no business!

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Cabana13
Bethesda, Maryland
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Don't touch the shoes”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

The owner is very hostile. I tried to pick up a black loafer, and he snatched it away from me, telling me not to touch the shoes. He then proceeded to show me a bright orange shoe and said it was the same style so there was no need to look at the black shoe. I then turned to leave and he started to yell at me. I got out of there as fast as I could.

Visited August 2013