“The Best of Lake Como”

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Bellagio
London, United Kingdom
“The Best of Lake Como”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

This hotel is an absolute gem, and has the best views of Lake Como, Bellagio, Verona and M... The service is fabulous, with a delightful family feel, and a regular shuttle service into the town. After days of searching for the right spot in Bellagio, I proposed to my Wife here as it was the most romantic place in the region. Delightful!! :)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hrishi D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Rockville Centre, New York
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights at the end of our 3 week Italy trip. If we could have stayed forever, we would. The woman who runs and owns the property is the cutest, sweetest woman ever. The property has been in her family for 4 generations, and her son helps manage it as well. They were both such a pleasure. The view looked fake, it was so perfect. The food was delicious and reasonably priced. They provide transportation for a very small fee (like 2 Euros each way), so you can go in and out of town easily. We would 100% stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jaime C
Blue Mountains National Park, Australia
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This has to be one of the most fabulous places I have ever stayed. When I arrived, I realised this was not the hotel I thought I had booked. I am SO glad I pressed the wrong button on bookings.com or I never would have got to this Pearl of Lake Como. The hotel is not in town but offers an excellent shuttle service during the day and if you stay in town for dinner , a taxi back is 10 EU. I asked for a lake view room and the view was stunning. Added to my luck it snowed during my stay. The service is excellent..my only slight issues and not enough to detract from top rating, are that if you do decide to eat dinner at the hotel check out that the menu choices will be available. When I ate there the kitchen had run out of some options. (On the other hand breakfasts were terrific)The other thing is that the computer in the lobby is a bit variable and certain websites will not open. The room had very good climate control and a little balcony and plenty of space. Also the location is very strategic for cyclists and motorists and with the shuttle service very easy to get to if you arrive in town by bus or ferry.

I have no hesitation in recommending highly.!!!

Room Tip: ask for a room with a lake view
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank ozsolo53
Kastro, Greece
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We have reservated 3 double rooms with lake view and it was a pleasant surprise for us when we were upgraded to junior suites.Very nice, big rooms,fully equipped and the best view i have ever seen.Very friendly and helpfull staff,more than a 2 star hotel..everything was just perfect.Strictly recommended!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank galoz1
Michigan
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Hotel Perlo. I would definitely recommend paying the extra cost to reserve a room with a balcony and a view of the lake. First of all, the staff is so sweet and accommodating. I really appreciate that you can eat dinner at the hotel if you prefer. I understand some people have complained that it is too far from the city center and you have to pay for a shuttle, we didn't find it a problem. I would recommend that you stay a few nights in the country and a few nights right in the city if you prefer to be close to the city. I don't think I would want to miss the views though. On a side note, we don't know the names of the people from Arizona and Washington that we had so much fun chatting with. They graciously bought us a bottle of wine when they left. So if you read this, thank you!!!!

Room Tip: Room with a view!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Fantastic price, the best in all Bellagio, stunning view from the terrace to all Bellagio and half of the lake. Nice clean rooms and kind staff. Even though it is far from the village, there is a shuttle car from center of Bellagio to hotel for 1€

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dave O
Hong Kong
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Breakfast is a small part of the experience of staying in a hotel; but this is probably the worst, and dirtiest I've ever seen. Not a single table had been cleared after use, no coffee available, no fruit juice or milk etc etc ... Poor, for a relatively small privately run place. Moving on ... fairly basic rooms, but clean, plenty of parking; only 10 Euros into town in a taxi (about 5 or 10 minutes), stunning food and great ambience in "Aperitivo et Al". But above all, despite a shocking breakfast experience, a sense of chaos pervading the place, the view is stunning, quite jaw dropping in fact; and that makes it all worthwhile, for sure.

Room Tip: Take a room with a terrace, worth paying a bit extra for a view that will stun you when you walk in
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellagio
Hotel Belvedere Bellagio
#2 of 8 in Tremezzina
Hotel La Darsena
Hotel La Darsena
#1 of 8 in Tremezzina

Been to Hotel Il Perlo Panorama? Share your experiences!