1,027 results
All reviewshis motherbike hotelshuttle servicelake comoamazing viewsthe hotel offersenjoy the viewfamily roomshuttle bustown centrefamily runstayed longercorner rooma lake view roomyogurtcarlocycling
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Pros:
The staff was kind and tried to speak English with us, though you could tell it wasn't easy for all of them.
The dog (Hermies? I think) made the place feel much more homey. I loved getting to play with him.
The restaurant. Upon check in we were told it was "just simple, home made food". Sounded good to us. My husband and I had 3 courses and like a litre and a half of wine. It was one of my most memorable meals the whole trip. Regrettably we didn't try the pizza, but the pasta was fantastic. Breakfast in the morning was also top notch.
THE VIEW. Okay, I know you've read a few reviews for this place and looked at the pictures, but it is nothing, NOTHING, compared to being there in person. I opened the balcony door on our room for the first time and just stood there in awe. Magnificent. I was in a haze the whole next day just thinking about it.

Cons:
The only thing I could say that MIGHT be a con for SOME people would be that our room didn't have a shower. Even my shower loving husband was able to over look this fact, because we loved the place so much.

Unfortunately, due to my poor planning, we only had one night here. Looking back I wish we had changed plans and stayed here longer. I long to return one day.

Room Tip: We stayed in 16. It had a lake view and 2 balconies. The yellow curtains did something to my soul, just made it feel so Italy. The only thing I would like to mention about our room was that there was no shower, only a tub with a hand shower. If you don't like baths, this room isn't for you.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank acavers
ilsanchi, Proprietario at Hotel Il Perlo Panorama, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Wow...what to say to thank you for this comment.... Really helping us since it looks like we succeded on mission: make you experience a "homie" hotel, rather than a classic nice luxurius hotel...
Hermes is part of it, since it is part of the family too...even if it is sometimes a bit loud...unfortunately...
I am pretty sure Anna and Demo will be very happy about you comment on dinner and breakfast: they are doing their best too and with the help of you all we will go for the 3 stars soon.....

THANKS

Reviewed 10 June 2014

beautiful Hotel ! ideal for cyclist or if you have a car, but even if not they offer a cheap shuttle service. The view is breath-taking. the service outstanding ! they certainly do go the extra mile. Italy as its finest ! Don't expect a 5 star all inclusive holiday at a beach. This is a small family run bed and breakfast ! I believe they should receive one extra star, as they do offer food and drinks, but only to hotel guests. its also nice to not promote their own all the time, they do actually recommend other restaurants. they all the time very helpful anyway. Absolute lovely. we have been sightseeing every day all the time and discovered the whole lake, but there is nowhere I would have rather went back to sleep. Will definitely come back, bring more family and recommend to everyone. gracie mille

Room Tip: pay the extra for a lake view room , but if not available you have the view during the breakfast anyway.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Didn’t stay at Il Perlo but hired a couple of road bikes to see the countryside. The staff couldn't have done more to make the whole thing smoother. They even put a delicious lunch together for us. This lunch was consumed in their garden which has views that are so beautiful it hurt my eyes. I think their 2 star rating may be understating this place and I would happily stay here. Recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Peter W

THANKS, this is a very helpfull comment for us!!
Yes we are giving much attention on cycling and trekking activities here at the Hotel.
Enjoying the beauty of Lake Como means even enjoing our landscapes from many different point of views and cycling or hiking you can reach really unique spots where to enjoy our lake and mountains.....
And Ghisallo, the historical climb of Giro di Lombardia is Right here.....

Reviewed 8 June 2014

On arrival in Bellagio (via ferry from Varenna), we were lucky enough to find a taxi that would take us up to the hotel. During our drive up into the mountain around Bellagio we were a little concerned about how far the hotel was from the actual town. 10 Euro later we arrived at the Il Perlo Panorama. We were graciously welcomed at the front desk and taken to our room on the second floor (Room #8). On entering the room the first thing you notice is the absolutely stunning view through the balcony doors. "WOW" - the view is spectacular - you can see from Bellagio up Lake Como, and all the way to the snow capped Italian Alps - it is truly a sight to behold! Once we got our breath back we looked around the room. Very clean, well equipped, but basic room. The small balcony was a wonderful surprise and we fell in love with Lake Como almost instantly! The bathroom is small by North American standards - the shower is very small - but functional. The bed was comfortable and we slept very well with the balcony doors wide open to let in the fresh Lake Como air.

The hotel has an excellent restaurant on site and we had both our dinners there - all home made food - fresh and tasty, accompanied by a very good wine list!!! Breakfast is very decent and you can get a healthy meal as you plan your day. We decided to walk down from the hotel to the lake side and then along the lake to the town of Bellagio. Its is very do-able but its a bit of a hike. We did get lost on the way back but with some help from a local couple, we were able to retrace our steps back up the hotel. It was a long walk but well worth it if you are up to it. Otherwise the hotel offers a shuttle (2 or 3) times a day to and from Bellagio. You can also arrange for a shuttle outside of the scheduled time for a very small fee. Bellagio is beautiful and well it is a little "touristy" it is well worth a walk around. The whole Lake Como region is wonderful, and we are already planning our next visit there - we plan to spend at least a week just in the Lake Como region and we will use the Il Perlo as our base.

This is an excellent hotel. Stunning location. Great food. Kind and happy people and staff.

Room Tip: Room 8 was excellent. Top floor with a balcony. BUT bathroom has a very, very small shower.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NoNoise1963
Reviewed 8 June 2014

One of the most breathtaking hotel room views ever!!! Perched high on the peninsula that becomes the beautiful village of Bellagio, our private terrace with balcony had a view straight up Lake Como, with panoramic views of the surrounding towns, the lake itself, and the Italian and Swiss Alps. Management is welcoming and helpful, and provides a shuttle into town as it is somewhat removed from Bellagio itself. Breakfasts were good and plentiful, dinners are excellent with simple regional fare. The hotel is very good value, especially when compared to the higher priced hotels down in the village. The excellent ferry system makes it easy to explore the Lake Como area. Great hotel, great experience, can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple