“Good value, lovely locale.”
Review of Hotel Bellagio

Hotel Bellagio
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Bellagio
Carmel
“Good value, lovely locale.”
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Small room for 3 people, booked months in advance with hotels.com. No view. Typical Italian hotel, so you need to lower your standards 5 levels compared to USA. That said, it was very clean and although the staff were not friendly, they were not hostile either. The town and surrounding environs are incredible so we spent very little time in the room. Sometimes there was a sourass desk clerk who gives awful directions, like "go out the door and to the right" when there are 20 turns in this medieval town to get anywhere. Otherwise, we had a good experience with the rest of the staff. Wouldn't stay here again, however.

Room Tip: Don't ask advice from front desk for anything.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 12 June 2012

The location is good and if you get a lakeview-room and do not mind the totally indifferent attitude of the front desk, then it's passable at best. Its brochure said almost all rooms had a view of the lake, but be warned, few really had a lake view. When I asked for one, the managress blamed it on my booking with Expedia, which she said did not encourage bookers to ask for a lake-view room. Because I made my booking with Expedia, I felt I was actually punished and treated as second rate when, in fact, upon looking at its brochure, I paid a decent rate and made my booking early. In summary, the hotel did everything possible to make my stay inconvenient rather than convenient. Such control freaks; they controlled the aircon from the front desk; they controlled the garage and gave access only to some customers (don't ask me what the criteria are); even the gym didn't work - I had to ask the surly front desk for help to get the treadmill running or to get the room made, even though it was already pass noontime.
if you've never travelled and are grateful for so very little, this one's for you. I had much better, thankfully, for less. I had stayed at hotels with a real heart - this one does not have it, and it really reflects the attitude from the top.
If you are looking for a charming Italian home, this isn't it, despite its Bellagio namesake. American-run mainly - but a disgrace to the many friendly American-run places I know.

Room Tip: This hotel seems to have a bone with Expedia or Hotels.com (which is owned by Expedia) booking. Make...
8 Thank RHT239191
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2012

We booked thru expedia in February for a stay in June, in the belief that this would give us a lake view room (brochure wrongly claims: almost all rooms have lake view). Upon arrival we were greated by a sour and most unhelpful clerk who did not even get up from his chair for the check in.Our room was comfortable, clean and of good size but no lake view at all. We were lucky to get a room on the 4th floor so it was bright and we had the view over other roofs. Aircondition is controlled from the reception !!! and in the room you have no way of controlling the temperature. Staff is generally indifferent not even looking up from the reception counter when you enter or leave the hotel. Only on the last day we learned that there were garages available for the car, this was not offered to us. Generally we felt that having booked thru Expedia made us a second class guest in this hotel. Internet is free which is great, but for a three night stay we were given access for two nights and had to go down for new passwords after two nights. Compliments to the gentlemen who run the breakfast service with a genuine smile and gracious service. We shall not return nor can we recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Dont book this hotel unless you get confirmation for a full lake view room on the 4th floor. And be...
2 Thank kuede
hong kong
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We booked a double room and weren't disappointed. We had a room on the 4th floor which had breathtaking views over the lake. Our room was located on the corner which had 3 big windows. The room is clean and modern. The staff on front desk were very helpful and speak good English. Like other reviews there are about 38 steps to this hotel but it is worth it. This hotel is in a great location to shopping and restaurants. There is no fridge or tea and coffee making facilities. The room has remote control blinds and central cooling and heating. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay in Bellagio. This hotel also has access to a sporting club with pools, restaurants etc but it is 15 mins walk away. The hotel has garage parking for 14 euro but there is plenty of free parking around the town if you can get one.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I recently stayed at the Hotel Bellagio for 5 nights, and for the price I paid could not fault the hotel. The location is amazing - set a little way back from the main 'front' of the town but personally I found this gave the hotel more character, and you can see the lake from most of the hotel and from the front entrance. We didn't have a lake view room as these were all sold out, but our view was still charming. The staff were all friendly and all front-desk and staff serving breakfast spoke fluent English.

The only downside of this hotel is that there isn't anything (other than a small gym) to do on-site if the weather is bad, as it was for three days of our trip. There is no lounge, bar, restaurant or pool on-site.That said, I would happily stay there again and would recommend the hotel.

Magnolia, Texas
Reviewed 9 June 2012 via mobile

This was a great little hotel. The staff were very helpful, breakfast good, and the location is great. It is also reasonably priced. I told them I was on my honeymoon and they gave us a complimentary bottle of prosecco. It was a really nice touch. You also get access to the pool and other amenities at their sister hotel the Du Lac. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 6 June 2012

My wife and I have just experienced a most loving and special time together at this beautiful hotel.
The friendliness of the staff was our first impression followed by the accomodation and of course the situation of the hotel viewing the Lake and surrounds from our room.

The hotel is a very easy five minute walk to the edge of the town and ten minutes to the centre of the town.

The restaurant within the hotel was first class with an excellent wine list.

We totally enjoyed this experienced with the hope we will return again in the future.

A magic week in our life together.

Room Tip: Take comfortable shoes for the walking paths in town
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellagio
Hotel Belvedere Bellagio
#2 of 8 in Tremezzina
Grand Hotel Tremezzo
Grand Hotel Tremezzo
#3 of 8 in Tremezzina

Been to Hotel Bellagio? Share your experiences!