“Quite expensive for what you get...”
Review of Hotel Bellagio

Hotel Bellagio
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Bellagio
Reviewed 11 May 2009

Bellagio hotels are all very expensive so I decided to stay at Hotel Bellagio because it looked quite nice and was cheaper than the others, although it was still expensive in my opinion: €150 per night for a partial lake view. You couldn't really see the lake but a tiny strip of it - so although the term 'partial lake view' is correct, I did expect to have a bit more of a view!

The room was small but had everything we needed and I requested some wine etc. in our room for when we arrived and they had done that so it looked lovely in our room on arrival. The breakfast was good and the hotel has parking, but is quite difficult to find and is a bit of a hassle driving through the winding streets of Bellagio!!

This hotel tries to sell itself as a boutique hotel but is actually more like a really nice b&b... they've obviously done this so they can charge slightly more.

Overall the hotel is in an amazing location right by the lake up some steps and although expensive for what you actually get, it was much cheaper than any other options! We had a great time in Bellagio and Lake Como.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank frofro1

Reviewed 6 May 2009

Stayed 4 nights in room 303. Great lake view and small balcony. Room very simple yet stylish. Bathroom clean and good shower, space for toiletries, plenty of towels etc.
Flat screen tv but really only CNN in english. Good lighting. Wooden floor. Balcony and view made it for me - I could sit there all day watching the activity on the lake and in the nearby little local apartments. Third floor was good as meant we had better view above some buildings in front.
Shown to our room by friendly receptionist. Breakfast plain but adequate - juices, cereals,rolls, toast, croissants, jams, fruit and yogurt and pretty good coffee. Helpful breakfast staff.
No bar but who needs it as there are lots of places around - plus we enjoyed the odd bottle of wine on the balcony. Can use the pool etc at Bellagio Sporting Club a couple of miles out of town which is owned by same people - they will organise transport. We didn't feel the need.
Lift to rooms but steep cobbled steps to hotel - but this is the case in a lot of places and was pointed out in advance. Handy to all boats/ferries but a half block off main lake front so away from that mass of people during the day. I felt this was a really good place to stay for the price (130e per nt)
Also recommend restaurant Salice Blu. We were at Ristorante Il Caminetto Cookery class in Varenna (fab) and asked chef Moreno for a Bellagio restaurant recommendation and this was it. Quite far out - and we walked!!! Restaurant will pick you up if you arrange but we just went on spur of moment for lunch. Food first class.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank highfly
Reviewed 29 April 2009

After spending some considerable time looking for an affordable 1 night stay in Bellagio, I decided on this hotel. Being on Lake Como, all hotels in Bellagio are relatively expensive, however the Hotel Bellagio did seem better value than most.

On arrival we went up to our room which was by no means large but was perfectly ideal for 1 night. The views however from the room were spectacular and worth the small addittional cost for a lake view.

Staff were friendly and helpful and gave us an excellent tip for a restaurant. The Trattoria San Giacomo in the next street and I would highly recommend it for fabulous well priced food

Did not spend much time in the hotel but was more than satisfactory for 1 night as was the standard european buffet breakfast

I would highly recommend this hotel especailly for its location and wonderful views

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank davgiff
Reviewed 28 April 2009

We came to Bellagio to check out the area before deciding to marry in Lake Como in 2008. Having never been, we were delighted with Bellagio itself, as its so picturesque.

The hotel is fairly bland but good for a base. Be aware that it is up a huge flight of steps which was not a problem for us, but for older people I can see this being a struggle.

The staff were friendly and the rooms were good. Clean, although not very large but we did have a great view of the Lake.

If you are NOT planning on spending a huge amount of time in your hotel, then I would definitely recommend booking here. It is clean and very basic which is what you would need. (Beds are very uncomfortable - hard)!

Things to be aware of when visiting Bellagio is that there is not many places you can sit (in a bikini) and soak up the sun, so if you are looking for that type of holiday, book a different hotel, something that has a pool or at least a balcony or terrace area.

In the mornings, the ferries start working at 6am and you can hear them all as soon as it starts. I loved seeing this as I am an early riser, however, if you like to sleep late, another reason to perhaps not pick Bellagio to stay in.

Bellagio itself has lots of restaurants and bars which are fantastic! And I do mean that. One place called "Far Out" was our favourite and we ate there 3 times!

It is a beauiful area, but somewhere I would only stay for a couple of days before visiting somewhere else in Como for a more relaxed stay...Bellagio is the centre of most of the ferries coming directly from Como and Varenna.

Would recommend you staying in Varenna as its simply stunning, also Lenno too!!!

Overall I would recommend this hotel for a first time stay, who wants a basic base to do site see from.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Janeyladey
Reviewed 19 April 2009

My wife and I spent 5 wonderful days at the Hotel Bellagio. Our room had a lack view which is stunning. The hotel staff was very helpful and the room was very nice.

I would recommend this hotel if you ever get a chance to go to Bellagio.

I put together a slide show of Bellagio which can be seen at http://gallery.me.com/rcatt/100026

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gizmo3550
Reviewed 2 April 2009

This was a nice small, clean hotel. The breakfast was good, they have a nice terrace to enjoy it outside in summertime. Location was great, just a few steps from the main street. We travelled with my mother in law and got a room with an additional bed, which was not very comfy, but it was only for one night. Room was nicely decorated, bright and clean. They have an agreement with a club facility to use their pool and they have a shuttle to take you there, which is about 10 minutes away. The pool was full of kids running around, and it was packed, not exactly what we had pictured. We were lucky to find a place to seat. We would not recommend this pool if your intention is to relax or to swim.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank Vero_PK
Reviewed 30 January 2009

We stayed at Hotel bellagio for two nights and loved it. There are a steep set of stairs to reach the hotel from the ferry, but then Bellagio is full of steep stair ways. The views over lake Como are amazing so it is worth asking for lake view room. Rooms are big enough and very clean. Breakfast is included and adequate.The staff were very helpful with any request. We had a great stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank AustraliaItaly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellagio
0 mi away
#2 of 8 in Tremezzina
Royal Victoria
Royal Victoria
#1 of 6 in Varenna

Been to Hotel Bellagio? Share your experiences!