My husband and I recently spent 4 nights at Residenza Antico Pozzo in beautiful Bellagio on Lake Como. We chose this residence after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor. Particularly for location and the ease to get to when travelling by train from Milan. Also the fact that it is only a few seconds walk from the lovely waterfront!! We trained from Milan to Varenna, hopped on the ferry over to Bellagio and walked from the ferry dock to Antico Pozzo. There are quite a few steps - so be warned if you have baggage - it can be quite a challenge to get up. However, take your time and it's well worth it!
We were in the Blue Room (apt 2) which was a great size, extremely clean, fully selfcontained with lovely kitchenette including microwave, fridge, Coffee/Tea facilities, dishwasher, hotplate and all you would need to organise your own breakfast or cook a basic meal. The apartment is furnished with a dining room table and chairs to eat at, Flat screen TV and a pullout sofa bed should you have children with you or an extra person.Perfect!
The bathroom is a good size with lots of room and the window opens over the roof tops to glimpses of the Lake. The rest of the apartment is a good size, with the other window opening up overlooking the bell tower of the nearby church. Very pretty.
The apartments are located over a restaurant, through a security door of which you have your own key. There is a bit of noise when the restaurant is busy during the evening, however, it soon goes quiet towards midnight. So no problems for us. However, we were there in October, perhaps it would be alot more noisier during the busier holiday months.
The waterfront is the place to be to sit and have a meal, coffee, or an aperitif and watch the world go by. A beautiful spot and so relaxing with gorgeous views of the Lake. It is a lovely walk along the Lake to check out the nearby Villa and enjoy the gardens.
The Tourist Office offers a 2 hour self walking tour of which my husband and I did and we highly recommend. It basically takes you around Bellagio and a little out of the town walking you through nearby villages and enabling you to enjoy the views of the lovely countryside. Or hop on a Ferry to check out the other pretty towns and lovely houses on the Lake.
We loved staying at Antico Pozzo, the staff were relaxed and could not do enough for us. Highly recommend it and great value for money. You will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Antico Pozzo is a centuries old original house in the centre of Bellagio, just 50 metres from the lake and the landing stage.Antico Pozzo is the ideal place for a pleasant stay on the lake: our apartments enjoy pride of place in a quiet location along the most central of the many cobblestoned stepped paths that are typical of the historic centre.We have several types of apartments, tastefully furnished and with all the modern comforts to cater for a relaxing holiday or a visit to pursue your favourite sport.The apartments are available all year round and can be booked together for weddings or family reunions.Our restaurant is located in the romantic courtyard close the apartments.Open all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HotelsClick, Odigeo and Studio Scivoletto S.r.l. so you can book your Residence Antico Pozzo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residenza Antico Pozzo Hotel Bellagio
- Residence Antico Pozzo Bellagio, Lake Como, Italy